RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

She's also one of those R&B artists who for a while was very popular in the Philippines. When she passed yesterday a beautiful duet she had in a film was put on Twitter.

I had no idea he was Chita's ex-husband.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes @DRW50, it’s good to see people recognize Ms. Bofill’s amazing gift. Even though she couldn’t sing anymore, at least she got to perform onstage with her show, and get recognized for her songwriting skills while she was still present to receive the award.

Here’s an obit from The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/angela-bofill-dead-i-try-im-on-your-side-singer-1235923690/

And years ago, the TV One program Unsung did a profile with Ms. Bofill.

https://vimeopro.com/user15889254/unsung/video/300397465

• Members

I guess to me the music is respectful, yes, somber, but it is about death, and, yes, just devastating, again this year. So much loss & far too many, way too young. I was at least pleased that they did not do anything egregiously wrong with the IM segment. I find I breathe a sigh of relief when there's not something glaring!!! 

• Members

The immortal Donald Sutherland - so fluid, so thrilling, so much more funny, sexy, fascinating than many modern filmgoers know - has moved on. His work in Klute, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Don't Look Now, M.A.S.H., JFK and so many more never leave me.

• Members

Evans Evans is a great name.

Donald was easily one of the most charismatic and fascinating figures in movies. For someone who struggled to get cast because of his looks, he enthralled moviegoers and TV viewers for generations. 

Here's a clip of the part that got him The Dirty Dozen.