RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

O'Neal had a very complicated life, but was a matinee idol and sterling talent with a protean, changeling quality people often underrated. His work in both the hysterical What's Up Doc? and the brooding, stylized, pre-Drive, etc. The Driver for Walter Hill is so far from what his typical image was. And he made it all look effortless.

From Lee Grant:

Edited by Vee

• Members

I feel like Ryan O'Neal has been a consistent part of my life for the longest time. From first seeing him in Bones as Brennan's criminal father, to gleefully binge-watching every episode of Peyton Place, to reading and hearing about his iconic pop culture relationships both romantic and familial, to listening to TCM's first season of The Plot Thickens about Peter Bogdanovich's career, to being enamored of Tatum O'Neal watching her hilariously damaged Maggie on Rescue Me which prompted me to read interviews about her, which would no doubt include her complicated relationship with her father, the latest being posted on THR just mere months ago, to seeing the cinematic masterpiece Paper Moon earlier this year. He's stayed relevant in my eyes as I, as a mere viewer, jumped around his crazy, exuberant, tortured life on-screen and off. RIP to a truly controversial, but fascinating figure. And yeah, the curious part of me awaits (respectfully and patiently) what Tatum will have to say.

• Members

R.I.P. to dub poet, activist and artist Benjamin Zephaniah whose poetry I found to be deeply poignant. I am glad people got to know of him through his role on “Peaky Blinders” though that is only a small part of his talents. And I will never not be tickled by the fact that, when offered the OBE, not only did he refuse it, he told everyone to take their Order of the British Empire and “stick” it.

We lost him too soon.

https://news.yahoo.com/benjamin-zephaniah-news-tributes-pour-053459087.html

• Members

The great comic creator and artist Ian Gibson - of 2000AD, Judge Dredd, etc. fame and co-creator most particularly of the unfinished female sci-fi epic The Ballad of Halo Jones with Alan Moore - has passed away in the little time it's taken me today to revisit its gorgeous omnibus edition. What a legacy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

RIP Bob Miller, a costume designer who worked on several soap operas, including “General Hospital”. He passed away on December 9, 2023, at the age of 67, in Los Angeles, California. Miller was also a member of the Costume Designers Guild and worked on other TV shows such as “The Young and the Restless,” “Days of Our Lives,” and “The Bold and the Beautiful”

The above came from Bing Chat which is AI. 

Shawn Reeves, current GH Costume Designer who said Bob is legendary, was talking with Lynn Herring last week during a fitting & they both were aware that Bob's health was failing. Friday night Lynn called Shawn to tell him that sadly Bob had passed. Between Jon Lindstrom & Shawn's comments to me, I feel that this is bonafide even though I'm still not finding an obit or death notice. 

So, the GH family has lost one more. What a fracking year+! 

(For some reason the system won't let me edit this into my prior post.) 

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/news-gh/daytime-stars-mourn-late-general-hospital-costumer-bob-miller/

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more