GH 2-3-20 Promo: Unwelcome Guests

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"When is Micheal going to find out that Wally/Jonah is his son? That storyline drags out for so long. It's been there since fall 2018."

Comments like this (and the people in charge listening to them) is why soaps are dying. You SHOULD want this story to go on for years!

Edited by Darn

• Members

Yeah. She's been back since around Christmas I think. 

From what I have read on recaps it may be slow at some times, but at the same time has a build to it so kinda paced. I suspect it won't come out until after Lucas comes out of his coma at least. And with Nelle out and about, surely it might just either have a climax this month or another turn? 

• Members

I felt like that last summer and fall. For a while, it felt like it was the only baby switch story in soap history where the baby and the baby's parents aren't included in the story. But things have really picked up since Lucas' accident and I'm enjoying it a lot more now. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

This is why the "story" needs to end.  It was ALWAYS about Smelle even tho the actress quit.  Smelle had 3 xs the airtime of Lucas, the other dad, even tho, again, the actress quit.  The "story" is lacking on so many levels that it needs to end.  Lucas finally gets face time only to be in a damn coma?  

• Members

Should they be using Lucas more/better? Sure, but he is the "nice guy" in the story so sadly, he was always going to have the least memorable part of it - so far, anyway. He was in 56 out of 247 episodes (23%) in 2019, which is pretty good for a recurring actor and way over how much he'd been used in the years leading up to 2019. Watching day to day, I felt the difference.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

Goes to show you that when you do a big story like this, it's best to have all the main players under contract. My only hope now is that the payoff is worth the buildup

He definitely should be used more and better. I'll never understand why they didn't put him and Brad under contract once this story started

• Members

I know for sure Ryan was offered one years ago and turned it down. I think he likes the freedom, as he is often working on various projects. I think that's another reason Brad gets more airtime and was given a more pivotal part to play in the story. He's more reliably "available" to work because he doesn't have as much going on.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

THIS!

So many casual fans have no patience. And loooord watch out if the show doesn't revolve around their ship.

Selfishly I want Ryan/Lucas on all the time, lol, but I'm glad Carnes apparently stays so busy away from the show. The problem is the story should be Lucas centered (and Bobbie, but that's another gripe for another day) and it's not. It is, but it isn't, lol. So I wish he were available more ...

Yep and I'm so happy about it. Already at like two months or three I think. But it's been dragged out too because of the "preemptions".