Worst Executive Producer...

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved Ellen Wheeler during her first stint of AW but not so much the second. Though that was probably more the writing where they made Marley crazy.

I'm glad I never watched much of GL during the Peapack debacle. The few times I tried to watch the show I couldn't handle the way they were shooting it. As far as the building houses out in the community thing, I tune in to soaps to watch something dramatic, soapy, and escape...not watch someone pound nails and building a house. I could do that somewhere here in town! 

• Members

If she was, no one knew about it. But, you have to remember that when she had the DUI & terrible accident, it was years after she'd left AW. End of AW, she was at ATWT for 2 days.Then she went directly to GH. Didn't she do Y&R after that? And, then, she had the accident. I think that tracks.

• Members

These two are the options? Wheeler or Phelps? Is there a none of the above option?JFP did much more damage to daytime than Wheeler did. She ruined four shows I watched before her tenure (had given up on YR by the time she got her grubby hands on it). I know people get up in arms about the Peapack stuff, but if the story had been there, I think viewers would have gone with it to save their show. I think Goutman was worse than Wheeler (as his tenure went on) but that's hardly praise.

• Members

Goutman is a mixed bag because he was good at AW & terrible at ATWT. You'd need a third show tiebreaker. I think it's shameful that people blame Ellen for the things they do. Phelps is much worse. Conboy is much worse. Then you have peeps like Rauch who also were mixed  bags - great some places & rotten to the core elsewhere. And we're not even getting into one of the worst modern aspects & that' s network interference!