Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in bribery case

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

These are people who had every single advantage and they still felt the need to cheat.  They could send their children to the best private schools, have tutors, SAT prep courses, the works, but that wasn't enough for them. I hope they do time, and I don't give a f*ck about their future careers. 

• Members

Exactly!  Those hours I sat to take that damn SAT, I'll never get them back, lol.  Silly me for believing the mantra that I had to work twice as hard.  At that age, I couldn't even conceive of the possibility of anyone else taking an exam for me, yet I still I was made to feel that had to somehow justify my existence at 'elite' schools, even though I had worked my a*ss off to get there! 

Maybe all the people who want to brand any minority who is at an elite school an "affirmative action baby"  might want to take a look at these people.  Maybe they're the reason why so and so's kid didn't get in, LOL!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Y'all I can't BREATHE. I'm in the casket. 2019 won't take its foot off anyone's neck. I mean, Aunt Becky???

I wonder what Loughlin's Christian stans from that weird family values Hallmark show she's on think of this. She ironically plays the most pious character in a show filled with nothing but. 

• Members

my first response was - you can pay to get a kid into college, but you can't make them pass their classes

Despite skepticism about college entrance exams, 9.8 times out of 10 they correctly predict who will complete a college curriculum.  Thus, I can't think of a worse investment than paying $15,000 to $500,000 to get your kid into a school that they will not complete.  The Huffman kid got an increased score of 40%, from a low average score to a high average score, which is way beyond any increase that could have been due to chance.  That family is only fooling themselves if they think she could, (or should), compete at a top 20 school. 

Of course, this has been going on forever (cough, cough Bush) but it is the FBI investigation and the third party scheming that makes this case so interesting.

Edited by j swift