The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Daily Beasts reporting on CNN that found “last week, the cable news pioneer suffered its lowest-rated week since June 2015, averaging just 429,000 total daily viewers from Monday-Friday.”

“CNN was also down double digits compared to the same week last year in both total viewership and in the key advertising demographic of viewers ages 25-54,” the report continued. “MSNBC more than doubled CNN’s daily audience, drawing 976,000 total viewers, while Fox News averaged 1.4 million.” (Fox News, meanwhile, was down 24% in total viewers year to year, a ratings plummet itself credited to the unceremonious ouster of Tucker Carlson.)

• Members

I'm so sick of the narrative that marketing to minorities is bad for business that I've decided to buy the item each time we get these types of stories during pride month

The North Face sweatshirt, Bombas socks, and Yankee candle were pricey.  But I am supporting them over companies like Target and Bud who cut and run at the first sign of opposition.

• Members

@Vee That makes me laugh. The part where Licht bitches about Don Lemon's clothing is very Succession (the Tom character), and I can picture that dinner party from hell too.

Zucker, odious as he was, did seem to know how to grease palms. Licht just seems to be there to turn the network into right wing gruel, and still can't even do that as successfully as intended.

I read that some other Zaslav flunky has been assigned to CNN now alongside Licht.