The Aretha Franklin Thread

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Also, Aretha Franklin was a very sharp woman who no doubt knows that a popular artist who can sing will bring a certain demographic, making it more likely that there will be a multi-generational audience. 

Do people not believe that Auntie ReRe wants ratings for her church service?

I saw some of the names on that seating list and whew!!  Ms. Franklin wants all eyes to be on her home-going ceremony, believe that!

• Members

I had saw that some people were surprised that Faith Hill was going to be at her service. But I definitely believe she reached/inspired a lot of different artists and probably were friends with a lot of them as well.

Also, they are showing her whole service on HLN for any of you guys who have that channel. I think it's going to be a very lovely service and I am glad that a lot of people are celebrating her life.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I'm actually not surprised that Faith Hill is there.  Faith Hill and Tim McGraw have been pretty popular across a wide swath of people, including many Black people. 

Remember that joke about Faith Evans and Faith Hill doing a duet? A lot of people genuinely want that to happen, for good reason.