Days: May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chandler wasn't so smirky when he started a long time ago, that was a tic that developed over time.   However, he is given a pass for being conventional attractive with a nice body.  I don't mind attractive guys and girls, but have some natural acting ability.  It isn't too much to ask for, right?

Btw, I haven't been watching consistently.. but has there been a reason for the Abby DID story?  Personally, if the show hasn't revealed the root causes.. I'd like to suggest Abby developing the Gabby personality due to hidden resentment/blame for her small part in causing her dad's death years before in that explosion (since she set in motion the kidnapping plot against Melanie which led to the explosion that killed Jack, etc).  

• Members

The main problem is Chandler doesn't know how to act and never could. Chandler's performance choices are smirking, yelling, and looking bored. He got praise for being a hot piece of ass and because he was hyped as being the first gay character on DAYS. He was supposed to be a star, even though he never earned it, went on to do little when he left the show, and has continued to bring nothing to DAYS this time around. He is blonde and has abs, so people don't call him fat and ugly the way they do Freddie Smith, but you sure never see anyone talk about enjoying him for his acting abilities, unless you can bounce a quarter off thespian talent.

Freddie Smith isn't much of an actor either, so I'm not going to say he is. Really none of them can act (Christoper Sean has been decent here and there) and with the taping schedule never will. Sonny, Will and Paul could all vanish tomorrow and no one would notice, except maybe Chick Fil A, which might give a discount in celebration.

• Members

I think Chandler had a lot going for him early on. I do think he leans on habits a lot these days but no, I don't think he can't act.

I do think Freddie has gotten much, much worse than his earnest, sweet start when I liked him a lot, and between his onscreen stuff and his offscreen pyramid schemes or whatever I don't have much time for him anymore.

• Members

There IS something wrong with that when you're trying to watch a show for more than tight buns and a perfect smile.  I mean, if that's what you want, then by all means, go buy his calendar.

• Members

Where?

Please register in order to view this content

Not pointing a finger at you....but why do people on this board act like Days has a lot of great actors when I can't name one. I mean great actor not good....Days was a joke when acting was mentioned and this was way before Chandler joined the cast. It was never nominated for Emmys when they were relevant. The great actors were on ABC and CBS.

• Members

Just because you want to let everyone know you've still got a libido doesn't mean people can't hope for more from DAYS, Blanche.

That being said I think Chandler Massey is among the least of its problems.

• Members

Dude get over yourself. You are yesterday's news. I don't care what you think of me. You can think the worse of me on here. I personally don't give a damn. I am not into hateful people on here.  Go back to your Cheetos.

• Members

While they have had to sell a lot of outlandish crap over the years, DAYS does have a core of good actors that are better than the material.  They do lean more heavily on casting for charisma than acting talent though.

I think Chandler has been good in the role. I don’t mind the things people complain about because it helps him stand out, and the smirking reminds me of his parents.  He is especially good in scenes with Marlena.

Sonny did have a sweetness before that Freddie lost the ability to tap into.

• Members

The problem with Sonny is the writers changed his personality and it has ruined the character IMO. He was a fun loving guy who didn't judge anyone. As soon as he met Will it was full blast judging him and letting him know of his faults. It got worse when they got married and now that he has returned. The Sonny the viewers loved is long gone.

Ron trying to make him this tough guy with a business sense isn't helping matter either.

Archived