2018 Daytime Emmy Awards Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My theory is that half of these voters don't regularly watch these soaps so the clips are vital and Days so far is the only soap that is consistently striking the right note.

Rome Flynn's B&B clip played well in isolation and so did the clip of the young lady from GH who won for Best Younger Actress.  That's why they won.

Y&R's clips are not striking the right note, so far. They look odd and fall flat onscreen.

• Members

Maybe it's just me but that General Hospital 55th Anniversary tribute looked sad.  It's always sad when most of the people standing onstage are newer actors with scant veterans.  Maybe if these shows treated their vets better there'd be more of them onstage.

ATWT and GL had a fuller cast ovation (but poor clips) and they'd been canceled by then.

I didn't say she didn't deserve to win but lots of good actors lose on the weakness of their clips.

• Members

Episode submission can make or break your chances of winning that emmy.  Susan Lucci ended up  losing many a year because of what she submitted.  Ironically, the year she won was the year she submitted Bianca's anoerxia intervention episodes where she was subtle and not over the top.

Archived