Sign in to follow this  
DRW50

Old TV clips - misc.

I recently found a Youtube channel that has a ton of old content - a grab bag. Rather than keep putting it into various threads I thought I might just put some links here.

This has a lot of the 1974 fall preview for CBS, including some interviews with the people behind Planet of the Apes and Rhoda. 

This is a cute, dumb little show that has Lee Majors guesting as himself and Steve from the 6MDM (and Fred Willard in his sketch comedy days also makes an appearance).

Greg Morris, Carol Burnett, and Arte Johnson remind us of the dangers of drugs (a bit sad when you remember Carol's daughter), interspersed with some commentary from the yoof of 1970.

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I recently found a Youtube channel that has a ton of old content - a grab bag. Rather than keep putting it into various threads I thought I might just put some links here.

This has a lot of the 1974 fall preview for CBS, including some interviews with the people behind Planet of the Apes and Rhoda. 

This is a cute, dumb little show that has Lee Majors guesting as himself and Steve from the 6MDM (and Fred Willard in his sketch comedy days also makes an appearance).

Greg Morris, Carol Burnett, and Arte Johnson remind us of the dangers of drugs (a bit sad when you remember Carol's daughter), interspersed with some commentary from the yoof of 1970.

I'm a subscriber to this channel too. Thanks for creating a thread about posting old TV clips. I love going back in time and watching all this stuff. I just recently watched a 1978 Superstars special on another channel where all the popular athletes of the day competed against each other like Steve Garvey etc...I also like all the Battle Of The Network Stars specials. If it were not for people sharing their collections, most of this stuff would never see the light of day again and be forgotten. VCR's were pretty common in households by the mid 80's, but to see stuff from the 70's on home video recordings amazes me. Most people taped over stuff since tapes were expensive back then.

Here is the first day of ESPN in 1979. Stephen Shortridge (ex -Dave B&B) is in the commercial for Racquet Club cologne at 9:42 and John Forsythe does the voice over for Michelob 34:04. Stephen was in the episode of Toni's Boy's the proposed spin off of Charlie's Angels. 

Edited by SoapDope