slick jones

GH: August 2017 Discussion Thread

KMan101   
1 minute ago, Errol said:

I know some people on here can be a handful. I know that even if you ignore those people, others may respond to their posts or even quote said posts. I can't stop them from doing that. But at the same time, while people can be overtly passionate about something and their view differs from someone else's, all I can ask is you ignore them as much as possible. I know it's hard. But that's what has to be done. Unless someone threatens physical harm to another, harasses them in public and/or private (with evidence) or shows the personality of Sheila Carter or someone like that in real life.

Understood. I know he's technically not "doing anything wrong".

Errol   
2 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Understood. I know he's technically not "doing anything wrong".

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Errol said:

I don't like banning people. I don't' like message boards very much either, so grow the hell up people. Ignore each other. Not everyone you see in life are you going to like, and they are even very annoying people. You can't kill them, or shoo them away. But you can ignore them. Do the same on a message board. 

👍👍👍

2 hours ago, Jerry675 said:

I wish GH would change their opening credits. They look cheap and the music is terrible.

If only the opening credits were GH's biggest problem. I watched one day last week and it was sad watching what my 2nd all time fav soap had become. Really sad. 

Vee   

The thing is, a poster doesn't have to kill or stalk anyone or threaten people with bodily harm to be banned simply for regularly disrupting the entire community. Like someone said above, enough is enough.

I know SON seems to pride itself on a userbase composed of at least 20% mental patients because no one is ever actually banned or disciplined anymore, but we could do with trimming the herd. Hell, bellcurve got banned for less years ago IIRC, and that crazy bitch accused me of having AIDS!

It seems like the show is running on auto-pilot right now.  It is still moving and functioning, but yet, nothing major is really happening at all.  I wonder what is really going on.  Is it just waiting period until Jean P. has her time put in, is it just the calm before the coming Steve Burton storm, or, is the show running out of gas altogether?  I am not sure what to think.

14 hours ago, Errol said:

I know some people on here can be a handful. I know that even if you ignore those people, others may respond to their posts or even quote said posts. I can't stop them from doing that. But at the same time, while people can be overtly passionate about something and their view differs from someone else's, all I can ask is you ignore them as much as possible. I know it's hard. But that's what has to be done. Unless someone threatens physical harm to another, harasses them in public and/or private (with evidence) or shows the personality of Sheila Carter or someone like that in real life there's not much else that can be done about them.

Being annoying, or just them, isn't worth fighting over.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm not taking sides. I don't favor one over another. I'd like to see these message boards continue to thrive as it's done for more than a decade (almost two). It can't happen if there is constant bickering over what one poster says.

I agree, Errol. The anger and angst over any poster just isn't worth it. Even after your two posts, people are STILL complaining. 

If GH gets anywhere near decent, maybe the fighting will stop. Maybe.

9 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

If only the opening credits were GH's biggest problem. I watched one day last week and it was sad watching what my 2nd all time fav soap had become. Really sad. 

And nothing will change as long as ValenVarni and Smelly have the reins of the show.

KMan101   
16 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

The opening is TERRIBLE. I hate this current opening. The whole show is a mess.

Frankie just tweeted about this being an "incredible" week. LMAO. I really want what he's smoking!

6 hours ago, victorlord75 said:

It seems like the show is running on auto-pilot right now.  It is still moving and functioning, but yet, nothing major is really happening at all.  I wonder what is really going on.  Is it just waiting period until Jean P. has her time put in, is it just the calm before the coming Steve Burton storm, or, is the show running out of gas altogether?  I am not sure what to think.

That's typical Jean. Autopilot. ATWT was on autopilot for a long time. Reminds me so much of it.

20 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

Kman i think we are grown ups that we can move forward. Its not too difficult at all. Alright back to soap talking.

You always address me but clearly others went to Errol about you. I haven't. Others call you out all the time, spread that love around, ok ;) And let's actually talk soaps, the problem is you go on about Jean. We get it, we don't care. Discuss actual things you watch on the soaps, the likes, the dislikes, that would be a welcome change.

Edited by KMan101

Well Jean has retired so i will not be talking much about her. Her material with Shelly ends in mid October. Shelly and Chris stuff airs starting mid October. Jean did help shape Jasons return. It will be interesting what differences Shelly will have with a new co head writer. This will be her first time after 3 years of co writing running a soap. I am interested to see what stories will take place.

I

KMan101   

I'm also curious to see what Shelly does on her own (with Chris). Personally I hope to get a little more life added back to the show.

3 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I'm also curious to see what Shelly does on her own (with Chris). Personally I hope to get a little more life added back to the show.

I don't know of any Shelly's work as a solo HW, but it won't make a difference with inept Frank so hands on making certain is pets are front and center.