Y&R: Kay Alden OUT???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe all of this. I can see SSM being intimidated by Kay Alden for the simple fact that Kay is twenty times the scribe she will ever be. Not surprised that some nepotism is involved in this story too. 

SONY is stupid. If anything, Kay is the writer they should've kept, and they should've booted SSM's lame a**. Y&R is still dreadful under her.

• Members

I can believe it in theory, but I don't see them not being a package deal or simpatico. I was under the impression Alden was brought in at Sussman's insistence.

Also: Wasn't this the dude furiously stanning for Maria Bell to the end? The line about these folks "not being the Bells" seems quite pointed.

• Members

Actually Tommy has the scoop hes more then tabloid. He was right about J8osh Griffith going. Hes usually right he has inside scoop. Its more then tabloid stuff as he is usually right. He is a friend of Bells. He waa a big fan of MAB. I am sad to hear about Kay Alden but not surprised the ratings havent been stellar. I am sure Sally is covering her butt in all this. It makes complete sense that Kay has gotten the boot. What Sally needs is Shelly Altman but shes too busy.

• Members

Hes usually not lies in speculation. He is biased and loves Maria Bell. He despised JFP. Jill had much higher ratings then Maria or Mal. I bet this is right its almost about that time her year contract up. YR ratings have been quote low this year something was going to give. I think Alden is too old skewing for what Sony wants. The cast loves Mal and Sally probably is pushing a different vision to cover her butt. The show lacked drama i have always thought Sally needed a good co head writer. 

• Members

Her exit would fit with the network/Sony having run roughshod over Sussman and Alden from very early on. Which is not to say their work is genius - it's not - but it was very clear when old patterns began reasserting themselves that did not fit with the show they set out to make.

That being said, this guy's claims about the 'why' are bunk and in service of Maria Bell's ego.

Archived