"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

Completely agreed. But who knows? lol. I posed the question because I didn't see it doing nearly as well. I even question if it will do as well as Will and Grace.

Murphy has NEVER done well in syndication. Networks have tried and failed. W&G struggled a bit in syndication though, Roseanne is far more broad reaching than W&G and MB too. There's definitely a hunger being untapped.

I agree it doesn't seem to fit at all into CBS at the moment. Especially with it so laden with male driven shows.

Meanwhile, all these talks of reboots and people (by people I mean the media and bloggers) aren't bringing up Family Matters ... they're all willing and able.

I'm surprised FOX isn't all over Queen Latifah (she can do both Star and Living Single) and Martin for reboots of Living Single and Martin. And Married with Children. FOX could use a reboot in the sitcom department, all of their niche shows will never reach the audience they want them to. Modern Family's not lasting much longer and Superior Donuts will be lucky to get another season ... Home Improvement too, unless Tim's still rightfully pissed at ABC for cancelling Last Man Standing (which was a massive mistake and for me had nothing to do with politics, it was Channing trying to pacify Disney by keeping OUAT and Shield around and Friday was the best spot)

You just know NBC wished Seinfeld's cast would reunite. No one should expect FRIENDS. The cast is still desperate to break free from it. I don't see the big deal in "going back" but I don't think it's time for either of them, TBH. I think both could be relevant though. Not that I'm necessarily dying for either of them. I don't think FRIENDS has been off long enough yet. Seinfeld is reaching that 20 year mark (since the shows went off the air) that Roseanne, Murphy and others have reached ....

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Family Matters absolutely should not. Urkel is the entire show, and Jaleel White is too old for that [!@#$%^&*] now. I mean, it would just be humiliating.

if Seinfeld does, they need to get the guy who does the Seinfeld2000 twitter account to write it. That account is gold, Jerry, gold.

• Members

Yep.

And it's amazing to read people still think there's some political agenda behind it all (I shared my worry before finally realizing it wouldn't be Roseanne shouting about Trump for 9 episodes). It felt natural with Jackie and Roseanne at odds over the election and I thought they handled it very well. If those awful people who like to comment on articles and on Twitter actually watched the episodes they wouldn't be beating the same drum and writing it off as trying to normalize Trump, etc. I get so fired up reading stupid comments on Twitter and blog articles. I usually don't for that reason, people sound so insane sometimes ....

I'm very torn on Roseanne as a person but the quality is there in the show and I think deep down she knows Trump is a hot mess, to say the least, but I think she also likes to push people's buttons. I do believe she supports him, I don't think it's an act. I think she ultimately, deep down, means well as a human being. But she says a lot of whacko stuff .... but to be fair, ABC knew what they were signing up for by hiring her. Believe it or not, Roseanne has mellowed but man she goes to extremes sometimes.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I hated Friends and don't think it'll ever happen. But I said that about Twin Peaks and Murphy Brown.

Family Matters was almost always terrible. Please never let it come back.

Tisha Campbell keeps claiming Martin may happen but I'm not sure she has any idea what she's talking about. Living Single, I can't see it sadly.

ETA: Apparently Martin himself has also hinted at a reboot, but I still think they're just trying to drum up interest.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Personally it would have to be a hard no towards a FRIENDS revival for me. The show got on my nerves. But I also enjoyed some of it. But I don't see a need for a revival. I would of said the same about Murphy too yet here we are. So who knows?

• Members

I don't know. I never say never anymore, I would have a couple of years ago. Jerry and Larry are very coy people. But I agree it's not very likely. But I don't think anything would surprise me at this point. Who'd have thought Murphy Brown would be rebooted?

• Members

Based on some reviews, my suspicion is the character with the opioid addiction is either Becky or Roseanne herself.

According to a BTS interview,

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Vee

• Members

They couldn't do a Family Matters reboot anyway... the house used no longer exists, or will no longer exist,.. it's being torn down for new condos.  Plus, the show was too much Urkel and not enough of the Winslows.

I have heard Queen Latifah is working on getting a Living Single reboot, but what would the plot/slant be?

And I think Roseanne's goal is to show how Trump supporters aren't evil.. they are flawed and have the potential for understanding.  That's my take anyway.