amybrickwallace

RIP Peter Hansen (GH/PC) (1921-2017)

I didn't see this announcement posted anywhere else, but if it is feel free to merge/delete it. Peter Hansen seemed like such a nice man, and may he always be remembered with love. God rest him, and my heart is with his family, friends and colleagues like Kin Shriner, Susan Brown, etc.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?pid=185045243

Oh no. I adored him and would have even endured watching today's craptastic version of GH if people like Hansen, Rachel Ames, or Denise Alexander made cameo appearances. 

May he rest in peace.

So sad to hear this. He was a very underrated actor and he and Susan Brown always added class and intelligence to any scene they shared. After Gloria Monty treated them as yesterday's news I'm glad they got to make a comeback on PC, even if they were never used to their potential. 

I know Kin Shriner was very close to Susan and Peter - this must be tough for him.

He was one of the great unsung heroes in GH history. I wish more of his work from GH's early years was out there. I would love to see the alcoholism storyline that won him the Emmy in 1979.

One of my all time favorites.  He always did such good, understated work as an actor.  His fondness and love for Scotty was always present even when he was disgusted by his actions.

His real family and his GH family are in my thoughts.

Edited by titan1978

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I remember him also from his Golden Girls episode from season 1 where he is dating Dorothy and makes a pass at Blanche.

That was a great showcase for Mr. Hansen. He had played the fine, upstanding gentleman Lee Baldwin for so long (an honest lawyer?) that it was nice to see him play against type and be a real slimeball!!!

8 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I remember him also from his Golden Girls episode from season 1 where he is dating Dorothy and makes a pass at Blanche.

One of my favorite eppies!  

Coincidentally, Susan Brown (Gail) was on an old eppy of Quincy today.