Sling TV thread

dragonflies

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, Mama Khan and I have "cut the cord," so to speak, and subscribed to Sling.  We have the Blue package, I believe, along with that "4 Extras" deal where you get four extra packages of channels for the price of two.

I have to say that I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far.  Most, if not all, the cable channels that I watch regularly are part of our deal; and the reception is as clear as it was on our old AT&T U-Verse TV.

Only downsides?  We don't have local channels; we don't live in a market that is available to Sling; and we live so far out in the sticks that even a high-range antenna (which we bought for one of our TVs) gives us trouble.

• Members

Sling has a special for something called "Air TV", it is supposed to give you local channels if you have the air tv box

https://www.sling.com/devices/airtv

Yay! I also love that with Sling you can downgrade your package anytime you want. I'm so addicted to GSN thanks to Sling, they have that channel almost on demanda, I can go back and watch Match Game & other shows that aired previously.  The cloud DVR is so worth $5 a month.

I have trouble getting local channels too, but I get ME TV pretty clearly so I'm happy.

• Members

Sounds good.  Unfortunately, it still requires an antenna, which aren't the most reliable where I live, lol.

I receive most local OTA channels, including Antenna TV and ME-TV.  However, with each one, I get a lot of pixilating images, "digital channel strength is low" messages, etc.

• Members

You're welcome!

Please register in order to view this content

Like I said, most of the cable channels that I watch - Hallmark, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Lifetime, LMN, Logo, WEtv, etc. - are available on the Sling Blue and "4 Extras" packages, which together costs us $34.99 + tax.  Which is way better than paying $170 and up for AT&T U-Verse TV and the dozens of channels we never, ever watch.

No, that would be SLUNG TV.

• Members

Actually, Mama Khan wanted to switch L-O-N-G before I did.  I resisted, largely because I still watch some local programming, especially for news and weather.  That's why we compromised (sort of) and bought the high-range HDTV indoor antenna for my bedroom.  I mean, it's Wednesday, and I am NOT about to not watch "SVU."

Actually, the $170 includes equipment fees and other stuff.  But, you know, when you have five TVs in one house, you expect to rack up SOME costs.

Archived