New Soap Opera Super Couples Book

• Members

Has anybody here bought the new soap book called  "Soap Opera Couples: The Great Romances of Daytime Drama"  by Henrietta Roos.    I couldn't find any reviews anywhere for this book.  I was wondering if it was a well written/researched book or just one of those Wiki knockoff books.   It's kind of pricey.   Any help appreciated.  Here's the Amazon link:                                           www.amazon.com/Soap-Opera-Super-Couples-Romances/dp/1476662177/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482030093&sr=8-1&keywords=soap+opera+super+couples

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure if this is the entire table of contents (as I used the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon which previews a set number of pages), but the only couples highlighted in this book with their own sections per the TOC I saw are [as broken down by network]:

ABC: Luke and Laura Spencer, GH

CBS: Josh Lewis and Reva Shayne, GL

NBC: Bo Brady and Hope Williams, Days

Shane Donovan and Kimberly Brady, Days

Cruz Castillo and Eden Capwell, Santa Barbara

Mason Capwell and Julia Wainwright, Santa Barbara

The rest of the TOC is in general terms/topics including Historical Overview/Screen Magic/Sex and Love/Storytelling/Cultural Impact/Viewer Response where, I'm only assuming here, other couples and shows may be discussed, too. (Looking now, and yes, other couples are discussed within these topics, a la Jeff and Penny of ATWT and Julie and Doug of Days, etc.)

Hope this helps a bit.

Archived