Y&R: Pratt OUT! SSM IN!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd also say that her work on Generations was disappointing. I give her so much credit for the idea of that show, but it was mostly so forgettable or poorly executed in many cases. I understand she has that Bell heritage, but I haven't seen her execute a show as well as him or some of his other proteges. Considering Kay Alden submitted a story bible when Pratt was hired, I'd hope she's also being considered at this time.

• Members

I am beyond thrilled at this news! :) and I would be ecstatic if SSM took over, but I always feel there is some bizarre twist in the works......since it's too much apparently to just hire a new HW who might be a long term fan, interested in  restoring the classic look of the show, and the classic story telling....I'm not gonna be surprised if they do pull back in someone who was with the show the last couple years....

• Members

Pratt's been gone for a while; he removed YR from his work credits on Facebook two months ago.  Morina probably already writing. Remember, not only has she written the show before but her husband, Anthony Morina, is supervising producer.

They need to clean house:  Thomson, Conforti, Rebecca Taylor all need to go.  Remember: Morina is close with Thom Racina, Trent Jones, Michelle Val Jean, so some of those writers may show up on YR.  

• Members

That's interesting.....I did wonder why things seemed a bit different, but I just keep thinking that's Mal's influence coming in......The Adam exit story reeks of Pratt, but I wonder if some of the aftermath, especially Victor's scenes of late have been SSM if she is indeed "ghost writing"

I hope Morina, can convince Mal or whoever to restore the classic background cues....with how much has improved with the production so far, that's one of the missing links needed.

• Members

That's good news if it's true about Sally Sussman Morina in the works as a replacement. Morina may not always be the strongest writer but she's a safe bet and given she's been on and off with Y&R for the last thirty years I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for sure. Her husband Anthony has been with the show for a longtime now as well. 

I thought Alden and Morina submitted a bible together before being denied for Pratt? 

Archived