GH Actress' Contract Negotiations Hit Snag; Rival Soap Eyeing to Hire

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I ever decide to play the lotto, I am calling up Becky Herbst and asking her to pick the numbers for me.  She has the most amazing luck I have ever seen for someone who, in my opinion, is average as hell.

• Members

I just look at it like they were playing hardball.  Including a network exec talking about her contract renewal.  And there was backlash.  And now she once again has a contract.  We don't know the terms but since it was a tough negotiation as she didn't accept whatever offer they extended in the beginning, it seems that she got something she could live with.  If that guy had kept his mouth shut I think there is reason to believe she would not have gotten the terms she wanted.  In my mind, that says she got one over on ABC again.

• Members

She didn't.  Folks just need to believe that.  Frank didn't give chit when he let more popular bigger legacy characters walk.  Frank will not be bullied by viewers or stans and he's proven that 20,000 times over.  The ONLY reason Bex is still at GH because of Varni's screw up.  Varni needed the fact that he's chatting with fans and spilling contract negotiations to go away, and to make that happen, Bex stays.  Frank was ready to let her walk to free up money for a new pet!  

• Members

Herbst's husband Michael Saucedo has been negotiating her contract renewals for years. It might not be in Herbst's nature to grab Frank by the cojones and give them a good hard squeeze, but I doubt Saucedo would have any such reticence, especially when Frank richly deserved it.

Behaving like a jerk is not an especially good negotiating strategy, even though it seems to be Frank's favorite ploy. He probably thinks it makes him seem powerful when in fact it blows the preconception of good faith negotiations right out of the water and shows everyone he's willing to act badly. When negotiators go ugly like that, they give permission to the other parties to behave the same way. He and that weird ABC guy really blew it, probably because they're both stupid.

When they were forced to call Saucedo back, Michael had Frank right where he wanted him, and he and Frank both knew it. Of course Saucedo got what he originally wanted, maybe even more. Saucedo had all the power when they went back to the table. When Frank's strategy failed it left him with nothing; that's why no one with a functioning brain acts that way in negotiations.

• Members

He did it to Steve Burton. Well, to be honest he didn't lowball him but he refused to work with him so he had more time off and he was very nasty about it.

OTOH, Bryan Craig probably gets soft lights, drinks and romantic music when he negotiates.

• Members

Who knows maybe MS went in and did negotiations without a shirt and that flustered Frank.:P Thus he couldn't concentrate on negotiations and RH got what she wanted!

Im sure he doesn't do that to his buff male stars.  Remember I said buff….and I doubt Frank finds him buff…thus the lowballing..

Bwhahahaha….I agree!

Archived