DAYS: Jack Spoiler

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No problem. He got new eyes from Zach, had his surgery and is now back in action in some aspects but his impotence has not been cured yet. So we are seeing him a lot more. I think he was on at least 3 days this last week, and Lexxie is on more too.

• Members

But, when you have a HW who either does not or cannot write for him, I don't know if that can happen. JER just seems like he can't stand MA, and that's a shame. I wonder if he ever saw how dark Jack was when he first came on.

• Members

At least Matt gets paid the same no matter how much he works (contract)

Really though, it's to the point where I just don't care anymore. J&J have been wasted so bad, I wish they had never come back.

• Members

DAYS ruined Jack and I amazed any Jack & Jenn fans would want them to get back together. (And I am one of the former Jack & Jenn fans). Frankie & Jenn are a much better couple, Frankie is a much better man than Jack. Billy Warlock and Melissa Reeves's chemisty is not forced, it's actually as good as Matt Ashford's and Missy's (maybe even better!). Jack is a total son of a !@#$%^&*] for the way he has done Jennifer, Abby and Jack Jr. by faking his death. DAYS should kill this guy off once and for all and let the fine actor Matt Ashford move to a show that would welcome him. I'd like to see him back on GH as Tom Hardy, Audrey needs her son back and that could give her some much needed airtime. Also Tom might be a good love interest for Carly or Emily.

• Members

Don't know about 2, but if Jack comes back having pretended to be dead for the past few months that would be kind of it, wouldn't it, in terms of rooting value? I guess it's his thing to run off and leave Jen and Abby, but there's a limit, imho. 'Course, that's only if he returns and was faking death. We could also get amnesiac Jack, or, y'know, no Jack.

I can almost understand why they don't want to use him. They're damned if they don't have him on-screen, they're damned with almost anything they have him do. I'd give up, too. 'Cause I'm lazy that way.

• Members

Jack's rootability has RARELY ever been in the writing. Ashford alone provided it back in the 80's and it was he and the fan reaction he got who made the writers eventually redeem him. No one can escape their demons forever, though. And so Jack kept running again and again and again. He's his won worst enemy -- always has been, always will be. Jack the honest family man is a bull [!@#$%^&*] role that Higley put him in. Even in 2001 - 2002 was he more like the real Jack, and again Ashford sold it, no matter how ridiculous. He'll never feel worthy of Jennifer and he'll always yearn to protect her -- and never does it in the right ways. That's just who he is.

• Members

You go Keith, because that's exactly what Jack is. Although he never really paid for raping Kayla, he is punishing himself for it by constantly feeling unworthy of his family and he screws them and himself over. Jack was never meant to be a total good guy. He needs that edge.

• Members

You are so right Keith it is in character which is why I didn't mind this story but I am afraid I am no longer a J&J fan. Frankie and Jen just catch my attention and there is just something about them. I love Matt though so I don't care what happens either way but Days is stuck in a bad position. No matter who is writing Jack is hard to write for because he is a very unique, multi-layered character and every writer has had different versions of him. The Jack of the early 90's was great but then Matt came back in 2001 and he was more humorus and the demons were gone. He had gotten way to buffonish. JER has brought some of that back with his feeling unworthy of Jen and his need to protect her even if it hurts her but I still think JER has trouble with him. I honestly don't think he hates Jack-its just difficult to write him. I know others don't see it that way but I am having trouble with him too in my blog and just seeing how different wirters have treated Matt's Jack tells me its difficult. No matter what story Days gives J&J their fans are never happy. I know because I used to feel the same way but I no longer have the energy and Franifer has me going now. I totally understand because J&J fans have been burned so many times but if you think about it J&J have never been together (meaning happy, married ,etc) for a long period like the other couples and that is why many other Days fans have trouble getting into them. Days should take some blame but alot of fans tear Days apart when J&J get a story and then when they are happy they tear them apart again because they have nothing to do. This argument effects other couples too. Happiness always leads to back burner and everyone knows that so its a tough balance and its even tougher for Days with J&J given how the fans and characters have been treated. Its a very delicate and difficult situation and I totally sympathize with both sides.

• Members

:rolleyes:

the last time Jack and Jennifer were in a good story was during 2002-2003 B&C era.their "stories" or lack off ever since Dena and then JERk were terrible,starting with that horrid talk show and to Jack being dead twice a year.while Matt and Missy did an amazing job on this last death story,it doesnt change the fact the story was crap imo.

now they are back to a triangle that ENDED 16 YEARS AGO.Jack has been dead since Dec,it's been 4 months and NOTHING happens.how dare we not being happy with the amazing story we are getting from Jer? :rolleyes:

Missy and Billy have no chemistry and as a couple they are boring and dont have what it takes to become a supercouple like Jack and Jennifer are.

as for Jack- corday said at the end we will love Jack even more,but the truth is they are/were trying to ruin Jack's character to make people Jennifer and frankie fans. but I really dont care,since it's not like Jack is the only character JERk ruined.

• Members

Most Hardcore J/J fans of the 80's/early 90's hated ALL of these while they were happening:

- Anything with Valley

- Anything with Jack #3

- Ashford's return and him being a deadbeat dad

- Colin Murder Storyline

- The District Attorney storyline

- Jack Being Gay

- Brandon

- Death

- Frankie

J&J fans, for the most part, are always !@#$%^&*]ing no matter what the story. It's never good enough as the 80's stories/early 90's stories were. While it's going on, J/J fans hate it, and then a few years later, they use it to say that JER not writing as much for them is as bad as stories they hated. Amazing.

Personally, I am sick of fanbases and wish they'd just watch the show and take what they can get.

Archived