Wonder Woman Movie

dragonflies

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

Wow, that was such a great trailer. I have high hopes for this one. Gadot was such a pleasant surprise on BvS (once again proving that we don't really know until we've watched the damn movie) and this seems to continue the trend. And the music over the logo was a wonderful touch.

I only hope that, if this leads to positive results from DC, that they go back and give Superman a proper chance (although part of me thinks he will always be hated and always be randomly compared to Batman). 

• Members

There was nothing random about the comparison.   They set out to turn Superman into Batman and it just doesn't work.   Superman smiles.  He doesn't stand around moping.   He wears bright colors.   The sun shines.    To give him a proper relaunch would require a new director, a new writer and a new actor.  

This WW looks movie looks better but once again they are going with this awful color filter.   Also, WW doesn't need a shield and sword, she has her bracelets and lasso.  It's ok and in line with modern WW comics, but modern WW comics are not in like with WW in the first place.   At least she smiled...that's a step up from Man Of Steel.

• Members

The shield fits the warrior princess identity that they are going for, in order for Wonder Woman to have true gravitas she needs to be taken seriously as a dynamic heroine, who can bruise with the best of them. That's been ignored as of late, and people need to be reminded that she is in the same power tier as Superman. Especially if she is going to go toe to toe with Superman and Batman, and shore up the D.C. Justice League for their inevitable film entrance to rival Marvel's universe.

Marvel is doing a much better job then D.C. but Wonder Woman might be able to bring back some weight to the D.C. side, if this takes off appropriately. The story doesn't seem half bad, the trailer actually looks promising, and Gal Gadot herself was worth the price of the ticket to see Batman v. Superman. I'm not sold on Flash, Cyborg or Batfleck, and it feels more and more like Superman is getting the shaft in order to make Batman the centerpiece, but Wonder Woman by herself might be enough to really sell this franchise. If this falls there is no reason to see the Justice League film outside of just tacking on Batman's film count. Sidenote: Aquaman looks kind of promising too.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator

Strong, courageous, caring, charming, funny, beautiful (that smile!)…..I can now add Wonder Woman to my list of favourite superheroes and ‘Wonder Woman’ in my list of favourite comic book movies.   Seeing WW in a battle scene is so epic, from her entrance in BvS, to the No Man's Land battle scene where we fully see WW in costume, to the final battle with Ares.  Gal Gadot is perfect as WW, Patty Jenkins delivers on the action and tone as director (Warner Bros. better sign her up for WW2 and I'd also give her Justice League 2), and kudos to Rupert Gregson-Williams on the amazing score.  I loved this movie a lot!  I might go see it again. 

Archived