Wonder Woman Movie

dragonflies

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The moment Gal Gadot climbed up out of that hole in full WW regalia, I actually began to cry. I just remembered how often I used to spin myself dizzy in the backyard as a kid while singing the WW theme song. Agree 100 percent that she is pitch perfect for the role. I'd never heard of her before she was cast and now I want to have her baby. Which I don't have to do because this chick was PREGNANT when she was filming. #FemalesAreStrongAsHell

Chris Pine has certainly found his niche in the sci-fi verse as the brave boy scout willing to sacrifice it all in the name of goodness. I like the way they managed to include a little diversity where they could. The character of Chief was an especially nice touch given the role of Native Americans during WWI. It even made me like Connie Nielsen which I haven't been able to do since her stint on Law & Order: SVU and Robin Wright was fierce.

I had some issues with the film but they were minor and more about my issues with the genre overall.

And dark as this may sound, I'm so glad we made it through opening weekend without a shooting. Given some of the MRA poutrage, I was terrified we'd have another Dark Knight on our hands. 

• Members

Perhaps she was perfect for the role but I found her minimally talented and dull. GG should get acting lessons and work on being naturally present. Too bad Robin Wright expired so soon in the movie. 

The movie was visually stunning but that was it for me. 

• Administrator

The movie has been released in North America, and like TV shows, we don't have to tag spoilers once it's "been aired."  People should know not to go into threads if they haven't watched it yet.  Spoilers tags should be used if shows/movies haven't aired yet/been released. 

And yes, there is discussion about scenes below, just a warning. 

That is my favourite scene in the movie. She finally can't take it anymore, can't take how she's being told that she can't help right now, they have to keep going.  She stops and tells them that she's going to go do something about this, she's going to help those people.  Then the slow-mo as she unties her hair and her coat comes off, and the music kicks in as she climbs up the ladder, and starts to take on the Germans, and everyone is like, "WTF is she doing?"........"Let's go help her!"   So damn good!

I liked the comradery between the four guys and WW.  That was another positive aspect of the movie. 

• Members

I agree except...the recent posts sidebar makes it impossible to avoid spoilers even if they are tagged. I'm not a spoilerphobe but I know how many times I inadvertently learned about a show development just because I had the misfortune of bad timing. If we could get rid of that sidebar spoilers would pretty much be a non issue, IMO.

• Administrator

@marceline@Vee  It's the same thing when people posts in the Spoiler forum, or when people talk about shows after it's aired.   Unfortunately, I can't do anything about those side posts.  I wish we still had the option to remove that part of the board like we did before but the new versions don't allow it.  You just have to train your eyes to not look over the far right - it becomes instinctual after a while.

• Members

I agree with this.

Work schedule messes with my Y&R viewing and most of what I see in the sidebar is from that thread (go, Y&R for getting us talking!!!!) and I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. lol.

Same about wanting to watch WW. I thought they perfectly nailed who she is...modest WW comic fan here.

• Members

So can somebody tell me if I should wait till it comes out and plays on cable and spend money on another movie or should I go and see it? I loved newly Beauty and The Beast. I also loved Wonder Woman but the Linda Carter series.

Archived