GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Huh?  just wonder how this could get pass him it took nearly 4 years for this to be figured out....you would think when he brought actors from his old show put them front center day from his day 1 Varni should have gotten it then, I did.   Certainly when  he tore up the show to accommodate them a 2nd time.  Ron was 'never' a good fit for GH to me and  I saw that day 1 w/KiKi being the focus and it increasingly got worse and worse. 

Ron never wrote for just GH characters then introduce newbies slowly onto the canvas he always had some kind of gimmick IMO.  I loathe Ron Carlivati' storytelling; I can't follow it.  I'll give these two  old recycled writers a try though but I'm not jumping up and down with glee.   I can't pinpoint their writing style at the moment even though I've heard these names for years.

• Members

Errol I completely disagree. They are two very smart women and already the buzz is the scripts are so much smarter, edgier, emotional and Jean and Shelly have a good history with GH. I swear u need to be more optimistic their brand writing is the future for daytime tv. Deep thought provoking and psychological writing is what GH needs. All these raves from actors and buzz is not for nothing

• Members

I haven't changed my mind about wanting anyone but moRon "writing" GH, but that does not mean I don't have challenges with Jelly.  They did good work at YR, IMHO, but Jean's track record frightens me.  I loathed her OUAT.  However, I don't believe there is anyone, amongst the living, worse than Ron.  I'm desperate and hope there's a change, but wailing about it incessantly?  That's insane!  

• Members

For real, Johnny?  How long were you stanning for Craptini while they were running GH into the ground?  You were relentless then too and only began to change your mind because Ron being tossed on his ear was inevitable.  At one point, you said ABCd loved Ron and they will NEVER get rid of him. Let's not throw stones because you are the hypocrite that changes on a dime! 

I don't adore Jean and I never have, but I will take her over moRon any day.  I believe I've been clear!

• Members

ITA that any change is a change for the better. The dreck of this trial(yet others were held off-screen, or in one episode) put me to sleep two days in a row, literally asleep.  Ron created such a group of unlikable, unrootable characters I just can't wait for ANY change.  I will say( as I've said before) at least JP  and SA wrote for characters like Traci , Jill, and even small bits for Gloria/Jeffrey on Y&R, so I'm slightly hopeful we'll see Anna, Laura, and Tracey in legtimate stories. I can also say that so far Burgi has infused a little life into the dreadfully boring Paul Hornsby of the 90s. BUT, I'M NOT GOING TO HOLD MY BREATH  THAT THE SHOW WILL GET MUCH BETTER, unless several people leave the canvas ASAP(Cranko, Ninny,Kaka,Jillian,Hosalie,just for starters...).  I don't like napping this often.

Archived