Save By The Bell Reunion

Soapsuds

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wanted to post this but had no idea where to put it. Glad you posted it. Saw it and loved it.

I'm a bit tired of Fallon. I think he tries a bit too hard, but I LOVED that reunion. So absolutely spot on. Besides Belding and Gosselaar I don't think any of them have aged a bit. Total flashback. Sets and clothing and even the background music was spot on. I love hearing the audience's reactions to everyone entering.

• Members

http://www.eonline.com/news/622335/dustin-diamond-s-saved-by-the-bell-reunion-absence-explained?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

But where was Dustin Diamond as Screech?

He had "prior commitments," his attorney, Thomas Alberti, tells E! News as to why the actor didn't appear alongside the other stars in the sketch on Jimmy Fallon's late-night NBC talk show. "He has a very active calendar of appearances, comedy gigs and the like."

Diamond wasn't the only missing Saved by the Bell veteran. Lark Voorhies, known to legions of fans as Lisa Turtle, also did not appear. "Lark would have loved to be part of the Jimmy Fallon skit (as she is a big fan of the show), however due to an intense work schedule she was not available," her publicist tells E! News.

• Members

LOL. E! News seriously ran an article and questioned why Dustin and Lark weren't there? I really didn't care that they weren't. I highly doubt Dustin or Lark have a full schedule. Dustin isn't close with the cast and Lark had some very very bad work done on her face and I didn't even recognize her. Although I haven't actually seen a picture of her in a few years. I'm not surprised neither were included. And what would Lisa/Lark have added? I thought it was good the way it was.

LOL. I was going to look for it but it wasn't on page 1 so ... LOL. Then I got busy and forgot about posting it.

• Members

Well, that is true. Lisa was there from the *very* beginning, but in the context of the skit, I don't see what she would have added. Jimmy more or less filled the Screech role.

It was really nice they included Haskins and Belding though.

Did people REALLY expect Diamond to be there though? That's why I'm loling at E! wanting to know.

• Administrator

Loved this! The Show Girls joke was the best. :lol: There was a Screech look-a-like in the background. Fallon's Tonight Show is by far the best late night talk show, mostly because it's more of a variety show with Steve Higgins, the Roots, the skits, the music elements, and games, and his monologue is the best too.

• Members

That's true, there was a Screech look-a-like. I also loved how all the extras looked like they were pulled out of that time period. Just spot on in every way. Kudos to them for pulling that off.

I also loved how they joked about Kelly and Zack marrying in Vegas and moving to Beverly Hills [a nod at the movie and Tiffani joining BH90210]. So good. They even got a Dancing joke in. LOL. Sort of funny how Elizabeth and Mario both did DWTS.

I about died when they played the 'Friends Forever' song.

Fallon also did a good job when he had Lisa Kudrow, Jen Aniston and Courteney Cox act out a scene in Monica's apartment. That set was pretty spot on as well.

It also says a lot to me that the actors are so willing to participate in something like this and that they don't shy away from what made them household names and gave them their careers. So many actors want to shy away from their famous beginnings. Or they used to.

• Members

Okay? Mario Lopez is still a hottie mctottie, some 20 years later! He could ease up on the body hair trimming though...

This lil reunion skit was awesome! They included everything they possibly could from the original. All those signs on the walls (Save The Max, There's No Hope With Dope, Whitewater Rafting field trip, etc.), the exact same set, the exact same background music, those outfits! (Slater and Jessie especially looked like a timewarp. Spot on!) ... They put a lot of love and attention into this, and I for one am grateful, as a longtime fan from back in the day.

My one wish would be for a Lark Voorhies appearance. I don't care about Screech or any others (Miss Bliss, Tori, etc.), but Lisa Turtle was a fabulous character. I don't know what personal demons Lark is going through, but she absolutely shined as the fashion princess of Bayside.

Archived