Backstage Mysteries: Forever Unsolved

• Members

I think Chappell asked to be released from her contract. Without her Reilly didn't really need Lawrence. I think he also attempted to write out Vivian at one point too.

Matt was also an opinionated actor that had been complaining about the last couple of years on the show, and asked for storyline gaurentees when TPTB halted his contract negotiations in 1993.

Reilly's first real splash was that buried alive story with Carly. I wonder what he would have done with her had she stayed?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will always believe, given all the supernatural shadings given the Salem Stalker story, that Reilly planned to tie the story to Marlena's possession -- that her soul had been corrupted or something, which made her easy pickings for another hellish force. I've read rumors that the original story projection included Stephano experimenting with witchcraft.

I think Matt Ashford has always been "difficult" in terms of wanting to protect the integrity of Jack and protesting stupid story decisions. What was annoying to TPTB in DAYS' heyday became unworkable under the new speed-is-more-important-than-credibility model.

• Members

Matt went along better during his second run. Back when he left the first time the show had a higher budget, and took more time crafting the episodes. I do miss Jack but I would rather have him gone than just there in a generic role. That's what Daniel is for. Lol.

Archived