The Facts of Life ..the complete series on dvd

Soapsuds

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Several. They had one early on about interacial marriage. Tootie's aunt being married to Richard Dean Anderson.

The second one was about an all boy military school. Jimmy Baio and David Ackroyd starred.

There was one where Natalie moved to New York to live in an apartment full of people. David Spade was in it as one of the roomates.

In the final episode, Blair buys Eastland school which becomes co-ed. Mayim Balik & Juliette Lewis starred.

• Members

It's very tempting to me. Only because they have not released the the last few season. Those are my favorites. I would not buy it now at this price but once the price goes down at a store...it will be very temtping. I loved those last few seasons with Over Our Heads and i would love to get them on DVD so i can just pop it in and watch. I recorded a whole bunch of episodes from The Hub when it was on but it didn't even go all the way through the seasons before it just bulked (Of course ALF which ran for fewer seasons is already on it's like eigth (or more) run through. arg!) I know all the episodes are on youtube but it's not the same.

• Members

Ah, my childhood fave... I suppose I'll have to get this (I never got the early releases.) Didn't they have issue with accidentally releasing some syndicated edits?

The Blair spin off actually apparently came very very close to being picked up. Not sure about the others. Granted I don't have the nostalgia for Diff'rent Strokes that I do for Facts of Life (which I was obsessed with as a small kid,) but it has to be a rare example of a spin-off I prefer. (I only really remember some Strokes episodes--like the child molester one...)

Umm, who's in the checkered jacket...

• Members

I remember someone talking about going to a fan event for Richard Dean Anderson. They said on the tables there were photos of RDA's roles over the years and the one on their table was of his Facts Of Life episode. They said RDA came by to talk to them and they told him they remember that episode. They said RDA remembers the day they filmed and said that the actress who played his wife kept walking in front of him in scenes trying to hog screen time......LOL

Speaking of Geri Jewell, is it true that Charlotte Rae was uncomfortable around her and Geri supposedly told Charlotte to kiss her crippled a-- ? That has been posted on several boards over the years. I don't see her saying that.

Archived