Melissa Archer Joins DAYS

• Members

Had a feeling it was Archer and feared she was joining GH. Very happy to see she's joining DAYS. Looking forward to it. Great casting news IMO.

She would be perfect for Sarah. I hope they prove me wrong and go this route but I worry because it says "new character".

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That right there pisses me off with writers nowadays. All these characters on all these soaps that haven't been on the show and mentioned for decades, that the audience already cares for and they opt to create newer, stupider characters. I feel like Chrishell or SJB (when she was on DAYS) should've played Sarah or Noelle instead of these new, pointless characters. I could write up lists and lists of characters that could've been easily brought back on any 4 of these soaps. It just pisses me off that they refuse to use characters already in the show's canon. Characters that are blank canvases--a writer's dream!

• Members

I don't necessarily think that people "already care" about such characters simply because they come with ready-made ties to other characters. I'll care about a character whether they're the great-grandchild of the show's original bitch or a waif with no familial connections at all if the character is interesting. More than anything, I think bringing back these blank slate characters is more beneficial, in the long run, to the characters already on the show who will have someone new to interact with without having to "introduce" them to a newbie.

• Members

I have little to any use for new characters, because I'd rather see the old guard come back and then build new characters off that base, but I could get behind Sarah if they did it! At least it's a tie to the old canvas and it would give Maggie something more to do and Melissa more of a chance to visit!

Sadly, I think this writing staff has no imagination.

This to a T. There's about 8-10 characters on this show I'd get rid of right now in favor of Jack, Bo, Patch, Belle, Shawn, Melanie, Stephanie, Nathan, etc., and then build some new characters off of this.

Archived