Former actor reportedly spotted on the Y&R set

• Members

I hope he's isn't coming because deep down I do believe that he probably acted inappropriate w/ HK. However the problem with these situations is that it usually boils down to "He Said/She Said". So Julia while I understand why you're upset you have to realize that some people are probably viewing it through that lens and since they're fans of his they're not going to want to assume the worst of him....

That being said I don't understand why they would bring him back at this point. After all the unrest and drama finally cooled down and you eliminated the issue....you all of a sudden decide to reignite the controversy? Just seems so stupid to me...

And why oh why can't they bring Chris Engen back!? What is he up to these days?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spending quality time with his son which apparently MM wasnt doing with his kids.

I would be great to see Engen again but I doubt that he would ever return if asked. I'd love to see him in another soap but all the rest of the soaps left are so trashy...lol...and Days is just boring...lol

• Members

It's possible that whatever really happened was resolved. Remember, we never heard an "official" truth. MM may have been told to get help, shut his mouth and if all parties agree that he has fixed his life, then they could consider hiring him back. Even if what happened is true (and I'm sure there is some smoke where with this big fire), other actors, pro athletes have done far worse things (choking a coach, dog fighting, current NFL player smacking his finance on video, etc.). In all cases, they came back. I don't know why we should judge whether MM is worthy to have his job back. And, yes, if MM wasn't a ratings draw, he would've disappeared for good, but he is and, guess what? CBS, Sony, etc. are in the business of making money. Y&R is made because it is profitable.

• Members

The ratings pretty much kept falling during the time he was heavily featured, I believe. They've fallen more since he left, but then, that was the case when he was around as well. I'm not sure if anyone who has left the show in recent years has been that big of a ratings draw. When the show as a whole is in a mediocre-to-poor state, one actor doesn't matter.

• Members

I also think if this turns out to just be a rumor, it was a cheap, tacky thing for the soap "press" to report. I thought Michael Fairman, sycophant that he is, was still better than that, especially that post he wrote which acted like there was some drumbeat to get Muhney back.

At least Michael Logan resisted the lemming mentality, for once.

• Members

I think it's some MM stans trying to get folks riled up. They looked at the "victory" of DT's firing and now trying to rally the troops to get a victory of their own. Unfortunately, soaps are catering to these bottom feeders.

I don't believe for a second this is true. YR, not even THIS YR, needs any one actor, especially this one. I do, however, believe VR is just about the only person that would have a huge impact on the show. MM? Not even!

• Members

Obviously, I realize that there are people with their heads up their asses who refuse to accept reality. There has never been any question about that. I'm simply not willing to sugar coat the crazy. I very much doubt this was ever simply a he said/she said situation. They wouldn't have fired him without some evidence and their was talk that the actor who played Fen witnessed it.

Breaking the law in ones personal life is not the same as creating a hostile workplace for a fellow employee. Why should HHK have to work at the same place with someone who felt entitled to grab her? I judge his worth to have his job back because I think woman have the right not to be harassed and treated like meat when they are trying to do their jobs. Silly me. It's much more important that MM gets a second chance. Maybe this time he'll be smart enough to corner his victim when no one is watching. mellow.png

Anyway, I'm just going to hope this whole thing is an insane rumor until I hear otherwise.

• Members
The ratings were higher during than last sweeps period he was in than this one. I'm not saying he's the sole reason the ratings were up but they were up for whatever arbitrary reason (polar vortex, storylines, BM and MM fans wanting to see the final scenes of their favorite actor). David Tom hiring was supposed to bring back the Billy fans that hated Billy Miller in the role but it didn't work out. Reuniting Nick and Sharon isn't bringing in the viewers either.

Archived