Y&R: David Tom Fired! Replacement Announced...

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been an AH fan since she came to Y&R and I never heard that about GT. I loved that they changed direction from what they had previously done with Victoria with HT. She was too brash and sassy. Apparently they like what AH has done with Victoria or they would be directing her to CHANGE.

• Members

There were rumors that GT was offered the role of Victoria but nothing was confirmed. GT did an interview with Michael Fairman in 2011 and she did comment on BM and Y&R.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/one-life-to-live/the-gina-tognoni-interview-one-life-to-live/2011/08/24/

"I would say Y&R has always been the most glam, well-done soap. I think Maria Arena Bell (Y&R executive producer and head writer) is terrific. I am also a fan of B&B. I think it is an adorable show and its out there, and it does not try to be more than it is. I think Brad Bell (B&B executive producer and head writer) is really neat, too. I would love to play opposite Billy Miller (Billy Abbott, Y&R)! I think he is so adorable and vivacious. I have known him from various events we have both been at. He is really cool and I dig him. I think he is a great young talent. So I think it would be really fun to run around with him on Y&R. I gotta tell you, CBS is a great place. It would be hilarious if we could bring Dinah from Guiding Light to Genoa City! Wouldnt that be interesting? And can they do that? And if not, maybe have me come on as a distant cousin of Dinah."

What is about BM that some actresses want to be paired with him? We know how AH feels about him, EH wanted to paired with him again, and GT wanted to work with him too.

• Members

Thanks for sharing. smile.png

Are you referring to the reasons why I (and many others) liked BM and BM's Villy (which were dismissed by people who thought their differing opinions were fact) or my reasons for agreeing with the firing of DT in the role of Billy? (See your own comments about that below)

You can always re-watch the episodes for clarfication, remembering also that DT was fired...for a reason, of which no one has stated here that they believe was because of CM's Kelly.

I haven't posted anything (and I wouldn't) that can't be backed up by the actual episodes.

Emphasis (bolding) : Mine.

• Members

I can't find the post but someone speculated that perhaps Burgess Jenkins was tapped to be Adam and then TPTB changed their minds when they needed to recast Billy, and tapped BJ for that role instead. If so, this could be another knee-jerk reaction - making it a huge mistake, like I believe the Cady McClain recast of Kelly to be. I watched this video of BJ on You Tube

and I can see him as Billy and as Adam. But I am confused about their ages though. Isn't Adam supposed to be younger than Nick? How old should Adam and Billy be today?

• Members

I think they're both attractive and I also think they look the same age and show the same maturity level. All the talk of David Tom looking like a baby are rubbish IMO. Yes he looks good for his age, but he looks his age.

• Members

Rubbish? Can't just say you disagree, huh? You gotta call someone else's opinion "rubbish" even when they've tried and tried to express a cogent point of view...?

Well, that is indicative of something other than just disagreeing so thanks for the rather demonstrative post.

Archived