Which soap character is played out and should be written out?

• Members

Sadly, daytime soaps aren't as courageous as The Walking Dead, Homeland and Game of Thrones when it comes to killing central characters and keeping them dead.

Can you imagine how much story (for years to come) would simply be setting there in front of the writers to write if they were to really end the lives of Victor Newman, Sonny Corinthos, Luke Spencer, etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL at Aunt Jack nuzzling Victor. Maybe they can have Jack taking care of Victor during his last days like changing his bed pan, giving him a sponge bath and taking him for long walks pushing his wheel chair. Nikki can watch from the window with tears in her eyes.

• Members

The worst thing is that when soaps do kill off prominent characters, they don't get any story from THAT either. Look at AJ's latest death on GH...you have Cranco [!@#$%^&*] on a plane.

They just fail every single way.

• Members

For me, they box in characters writing them the same way with pretty much the same storylines and the same outcome. I don't mean a total personality transplant...

eg Victor always wins for the most part yes, his family will be angry at him for a minute Niki will leave set up shop at the Athletics club ..but they'll come around. We all know this so where's the story?

Jack always loses most times eg against Victor, love.

Sonny is a hot mess right now; I don't know what they intend to do with him. I always thought getting him out of the mob would help re-boot the character, freshen him up.

Kevin Fischer stuck in another round with Chloe (she's on her way out) one of the most asexual pairings IMO.

Lily and Cane Ashby pretty much the same reason as above. I've never seen this chemistry but that's ok...

Neil Winters only because of writing.

Jason needs to stay dead.

And I've never seen the need for Sam McCall

Luke anytime you need to dopplegang a vet to make him more interesting they've ran their course.

It pains me to say my fair Elizabeth Webber not because I think she's played out, au contraire, that's the problem they won't play her in anything but cajones storylines and mismanage her in triangles; since 2005 Elizabeth hasn't been out of a triangle however if they give her something different; move her around the canvas instead of sequestered with the same people; I think she could be more viable. Mainly I've wanted Becky to leave to play MacKenzie Browning on Y/R for the longest time.

Hope Logan same as the above repetitive storyline 'endless triangles'.

Nik same as the above 'cajones storylines' repetitive triangles they should do more with him as a Cassadine.

A new face in old tired storylines doesn't make it new for me so I would say the main culprit is the writing style.

• Members

Daniel Jonas

Jordan/Rafe

Sonny Corinthos

Carly/Franco

Billy Abbott

Devon

Lily, Lily, Lily..who is this actress blowing to be on the screen. She's not attractive and she can't act!!

Eric Forrester. Love the actor but it's time to relax in Santa Barbara

Brook's va-jay-jay...what hasn't been inside her hoohoo...

• Members

Oh, wow, I forgot about that series! Thanks, Carl and cassadine, for reminding me, lol!

But yeah, don't be too shocked to see Daniel spun off into his own series. In fact, don't be surprised if you tune into DAYS one afternoon and hear Shawn Christian rather than MacDonald Carey saying, "Like sands through the hourglass....".

Archived