8 PM Last Man Standing
8:30 PM CRISTELA
9 PM Shark Tank
10 PM 20/20

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hope it's OK to comment without a schedule yet ...

Hopefully ABC shakes up their lineup but I just don't see them doing that. Sunday's are stale. Castle is too cushioned and should be moved. SHIELD is sagging (though I've been enjoying it, the fact is, it's a niche show). Wednesday's remain solid, but Nashville out of the sitcoms has never made sense to me. Nashville should have gone after Dancing with the Stars.

I'm also not encouraged by their sitcom pick-ups. Another Happy Endings clone of sorts (didn't they learn ANYTHING from Mixology?). Should have just kept Happy Endings for a couple more years at this point.

Paul Lee has done an OK job finding SOME good shows but the man is terrible. The scheduling is even worse.

I'm just please they've renewed the Goldbergs (and Last Man Standing), but will they be smart about it? Probably not knwing ABC's history.

• Administrator

For Thursday, no show has worked at 8pm so I'd try putting Grey's there, then Scandal at 9pm and How To Get Away With Murder at 10pm for a Shonda night. Or put HTGAWM between Grey's and Scandal.

• Members

Greys can work as 8pm show but I think some of their love and surgery scenes would need to be edited down and that would be sad. Scandal needs to stay at 10 tho.

Nashville never worked as a 10pm show. Now that's a drama that can be at 8.

They need a solid show Thursdays at 8. It'll be going against NFL/TBL/AI. DWTS would be a smart choice, so would castle if it could be an 8pm show (never seen it). If they wanted to be risky two comedies as there will be not sitcoms on at that time.

I'm def looking forward to what they do. But I don't expect NBC/fox levels of change.

• Members

Pleasantly surprised they have the balls to move Greys and Scandal. Also pleased to see Goldbergs where it should have been from the start, between The Middle and Modern Family. Perfect spot!

I think Black-ish is a horrible name for a sitcom. And Galavant? Really? Did ABC not learn their lesson from The Neighbors?

And ABC needs to give up on sitcoms on Tuesday's.

Sunday remains stale but they've put themselves in this situation. Nashville still doesn't work on Wednesday's at 10. They should have tried that at 8PM on Thursdays. I dunno. ABC still needs some help but the schedule is a bit better than I thought it would be. Moving SHIELD to 9 was smart. I don't think it should have lead off the night.

• Administrator

I think the new comedies on Tuesdays are DOA going up against NCIS and The Voice.

Grey's isn't really known for their surgery scenes - it's not like it's ER. That's why moving to 8pm wouldn't be a big deal.

It makes sense to put HTOGAWM after their highest rated demo drama.

I should a tv scheduler! wink.png

• Members

Sorry Toups, I knew I saw you were dead on with it but I think what I remembered was your other suggestion. I am impressed.

But I agree, once upon a time PP was with GA and Scandal for a bit, right?

• Members

Does this mean the Katie Holmes Dangerous Liaisons pilot didn't get picked up to series? Damn, I thought with it being Gossip Girl, Cruel Intentions and Revenge rolled into one it would have been a safe bet.

• Members

Good call Toups on ABC moving Grey's to 8pm. Smart move, nothing ABC has put there has worked, so that instantly plugs that hole. Moving Scandal early ah hour, lets it grow more and gives them an opportunity to groom a new show after it. This "all Shonda night" should work. Will be interesting see two of the hottest drama's Blacklist and Scandal going up against each other. I'll laugh my butt off if CBS moves BBT here after Thursday Night Football concludes, that'd really screw ABC and NBC, haha.

Those comedies at 8pm on Tuesday are DOA.

I don't like that they kept Castle on Monday's. They really should plug a new show in that slot and move Castle elsewhere.

Archived