Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought those were some powerful scenes between Andre and Lucious towards the end of tonight's episode. He really did lay into Andre verbally. I think he's more angry with Andre plotting behind his back than he was with Jamal coming out. He at least believes Jamal loves the family/music, and he doesn't really feel that way about Andre.

• Members

It was powerful but it made a lot of sense. Wasn't Lucious' family once upon a time part of Nation of Islam? It would make sense why he is totally against interracial marriage. I also think that he chewed into Andre b/c Andre seems to be that black male that yearns for white acceptance in everything that he does, so that would piss Lucious off.

This show is just too perfect!

I hope their hiatus isn't long. I need this show to come back in the summer but I bet it'll be coming back in the fall.

• Members

I remember Cookie saying something like the Nation had killed Lucious's father. I wonder what the whole story is behind that.

I could see how he could have the feelings he does regarding Andre, including the reasons you mentioned. Lucious seems to be the type of man that is really set in his ways, and he will say whatever he really feels, right or wrong.I think that Lucious has had those feelings bottled up for a while regarding Andre/Rhonda and Andre in general. I think that he he just never really said anything about it before, but now that he realized Andre has plotted against him, he let those feeling come to the surface.

Even though this is a soap, and it's going to have it's share of plotting and scheming, I am actually am glad that Lucious is sharp enough that he could sense what Andre was up to. I think that him being sharp like that helps strengthen his position as the Patriarch on this show.

Edited by xtr

• Members

laugh.pnglaugh.png You crack me up. I actually did think Rhonda had it in her, but I'm sure glad we didn't have to watch.

One thing I wonder is why Cookie got 30 years in what looked like maximum security. That seems awfully harsh just for selling drugs. Not that I don't take drug dealing seriously, but that's basically life in prison.

Edited by Juliajms