Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Partially because Lucious lets her when it suits him. Then part of it is just putting up a front, so that Cookie doesn't realize how easy it would be to walk right back in and reclaim her life (Not much drama in that). She wouldn't have been parading around in her underwear if she were married to Lucious. That was a sad attempt to mark her territory.

Also, Anika does do a pretty good strategic retreat when she needs to. Ask yourself if you would have given up your chair to Cookie, if that was really your house and your husband. Anika did, because she didn't think Lucious would back her if she put up a fight.

Does anyone think Cookie was gay for the stay? I feel like they are implying that with the way she looked Kitty up and down and said she made her hot.

• Members

I would about die if Debbi Morgan got on this show. Make it happen, Lee Daniels! But it would cut like a knife, too, since Debbi ran daytime on AMC two summers ago. It is a travesty that show is not still on.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'd love to see Debbi show up as an old cellmate of Cookie's, complete with prison flashbacks. I'd have Darnell show up as Lucious' gay cousin/uncle who finally came out of the closet because Jamal decided to.

Oh Lawd. This show is going to be a fanfic writer's paradise. LOL!

#Neverforget

Edited by marceline

• Members

I don't think that Lucious was testing Cookie. Not even a little bit. He placed her at the head of his table because that's where he wants her to be and that's where he feels she belongs. It's her place. Don't let him fool you.

And also think that Lucious enjoys the way that Cookie behaves while at the same time thinking that he shouldn't.

Edited by ajsp35801