Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

He definitely said that. He's had a few witty, low key lines.

Cookie didn't mean to violate the gag order, but she certainly did. Anika and Lucious aren't even married. I think Chit is right and Anika will use this info to blackmail Lucious down the line. Too bad for her she doesn't know that Lucious doesn't have a lot to lose and will put a bullet in her head, just like he did Bucky. I absolutely believe he's capable of it.

Edited by Juliajms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's kind of weird how much I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. I haven't been this psyched about a show since Sleepy Hollow and that show turned to weapons-grade [!@#$%^&*]. I hope that Empire can sustain the buzz but I feel like a backlash is inevitable.

• Members

Well, a lot of critics already hate it, so if there is one it'll come from the audience. I don't expect a major issue til Season 2, when a lot of recent nighttime soaps start struggling.

Edited by Vee

• Members

One of the writers? More like, the writer--the showrunner. LOL tongue.png

Anyway, I thought this was very interesting. She certainly seems excited about the show and I'm glad Strong and Daniels are clearly keeping an eye and setting down some ground rules. I hope they continue just like that.

Meh at her claiming that EMPIRE is better than all the 80s soaps. Better than DYNASTY season 3-8? Sure. But it has much more to prove and show if it will surpass some of DYNASTY, DALLAS and KNOTS LANDING's best seasons. MUCH more. The only thing I agree with is there is a lot of everyday realness to EMPIRE and, as with almost any show now compared to then, certainly more realistic dialogue and better production values.

• Members

Yeah, I agree that it's too soon to go there. I don't blame her for wanting to give her show some hype and get the audience pumped up. At the same time, don't put yourself in the company of the greats until you've earned it. I really have my fingers crossed here that they can keep the momentum going, but I've been disappointed before.

• Members

There was just something that didn't sit well with me about her saying that they're much more and much better than just a soap opera. I thought we weren't going to have to deal with that with this show. In any case, I (and I suspect many more) have been on such a high the past three weeks with this show, that I forgot that most network shows I've seen that have started off really well in their first season (like EMPIRE did) tend to crash and burn in season 2. Let's hope they prove me wrong! I'm in it for as long as it lasts!