Mother-in-Laws... FROM HELL!

KLN

• Members

Okay, you don't necessarily have to be married to relate to this.

But, have you ever been in a relationship with someone, only to find that their mother is the in-law (or in-law to be) from hell?

I have! Allow me to share.

My ex-boyfriend's mother was a crazy !@#$%^&*]. One minute, she was a total sweetheart. The next minute, she was a suicidal maniac weeping on the floor. Just over a month ago, she called and left a message on our machine screaming at Billy (my ex) because her computer was messed up and she was "so frustrated she couldn't deal with it"and needed to vent to him. But she was saying really mean things about him. All because of her computer frustration. Like, WTF? Then she went on to say that she wanted him to come over and fix her computer, no matter what his plans for the night were... even though he had already made plans with me. CRAZY!@#$%^&*]!

When she learned that he and I kissed in public, she went crazy and slapped him. At the time, he still lived at home with her and she was afraid that our kissing would result in someone driving by and shooting up her and the dog. Idiot.

And I can't tell you the numerous times that Billy and I made plans , only for his mom to somehow invite herself. Romantic dinner? Here, let mom come along! Going to a date movie? Here, let mom come along! Going to Chicago for the weekend? Here, let mom come along! No wonder it didn't last.

So, anybody else have any horror stories about their mother-in-laws (or MIL's-to-be) from hell?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I once went out with a girl whose parents were absolutely INSANE. They were ridiculously overprotective, and they'd be really mean to my face and then say they loved me to her when I was gone. It was weird. Oh well. They were assh*les.

• Members

When I was marrried (in the early years of our marriage) my mother-in-law used to love to come and stay with us for weeks on end. She was always working ways to get my wife to make decisions that she knew were against what I wanted or work to make her choose between me and her. I absolutely could not stand the woman. Before we got married she was all nice and so agreeable. It all changed after we got married. Over the years before we split up, I just learned to tolerate her. She still remained one of the big problems in my marriage though.

• Members

Is she bipolar? Or have some other mental illness? And i don't mean that in a joking manner, because my mother-in-law IS bipolar. She had an episode a few years back, and during her episode drew a picture of my newborn daughter with devil's horns. She was having many hallucinations then too, always "seeing" snakes, serpents or other demonic things. But aside from that, she's probably one of the only in-laws I don't have a problem with... although, i don't leave my children alone with her. My grandmother-in-law, however, is a prejudice snooty pointing her nose up to high to look "down" on lowly me and too busy passing judgment on me to actually get to know me~ all because I was pregnant before my hubby and I got married... and apparently I'm no good and a lousy wife/mother just because she says so.

• Members

Let me set up this short story...

My mom and dad grew up just 2 miles(if that) from each other and didnt even know it until high school where they met and now have been married 25 years. Both sets of their parents still live in the same house they grew up in, so both sets of my grandparents growing up were only about 3 miles away. My parents ended up buying a house in the same little town just 3 miles way. Anyway, to make a long story short my dad doesnt like my mom's dad, and my mom cant stand my dad's mom, so it makes things interesting to say the least. Even though we all live so close we only see each other on holidays and its been that way since I was born. Its pathetic really, because I could have a great relationship with all 4 of my grandparents who are all still living and as far as I know healthy, but because of not being able to get along, and having a mother in law from hell on one side and a father in law from hell on the other side everyone suffers.

• Members

Went out with a girl a few years back that had a horrible mother.

I'd call up the girl, her mother would answer. She's make conversation with me, ask me what my parents did for a living and how much money they made. She then said she wasn't gonna let her precious daughter marry a nobody! WTF?!?!

Another time I went to pick the girl up at her place, and her mother asked the girl about my kissing skills.

We were both mortified....

• Members

Actually, I think she is.

One time, Billy rented a horror movie. Normally, she loves scary/horror movies. But about halfway through watching it, she got up from the couch in tears and totally blasted him for renting a movie that he knew was going to "depress" her. She had tears streaming down her cheeks like her best friend had died or something, and she ordered him to take the movie out. She was just so offended that he would want to break her heart like that!

WHAAAAT?

Then, ever since he and I moved in together, she'd had the most ridiculously hard time coping with the loss of her son. She'd call every day, with a big lump in her throat, asking him if he planned to come over and see her (which he did -- every day). On his days off work, he was automatically expected to spend his time at her house rather than with me. And everytime he'd leave her house, her eyes would fill with tears as if she was never going to see him again. It was absolutely ridiculous. The woman's got problems.

Archived