DAYS: CT & Philly moving Days to Noon...Utah moving Days to 3AM...

• Members
CONNECTICUT & PHILADELPHIA "DAYS" FANS..."DAYS" MOVING TO NOON AS OF SEPTEMBER 9...SALT LAKE CITY MOVING "DAYS" TO...3AM?!?!

WVIT, the NBC affiliate in Hartford, Connecticut is moving the time slot of "Days of Our Lives" to Noon beginning Monday, September 9. WKYW, the NBC affiliate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is also switching "Days" to the Noon time slot as of September 9.

KSL, the Mormon Church-owned NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City, Utah is banishing "Days" to the unbelievable time slot of 3:05-4:05AM beginning September 9. "Days" fans who live in Utah probably won't be watching the show live much anymore (except for some very late night owls!), but you can always tape the show and watch it later or catch it on NBC.com or Hulu.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not good at all, those are large markets. SLC's market covers the entire state of Utah and Hartford's covers most of the state of Connecticut. Philadelphia's market goes into South Jersey and Wilmington, Delaware. Days was always going to be at the head of the line once most of the ABC soaps were gone and that time has come.

• Members

Oh my gosh!! This is making me very angry and nervous! This is a PATTERN! Las Vegas pushes Days to the CW affiliate... now, we have timeslot changes and Salt Lake City to 3AM!!! This really worries me! Someone with more knowledge than me...tell me What NBC can do about this? I mean, can they talk to the affililates/persuade them/force them?? This is the same sh*t that happened to a lot of now-cancelled soaps.. Sunset Beach, Guiding Light.. I REALLY want Days to reach their 50th! Especially now that she show is really good quality wise!

• Members

Well living in the NYC market and having grown up in Fairfield County, I know this.

I simply meant that this edict won't mean much for S.W. CT because they have 2 NBC channels--one that is Hartford based, the other the flagship NYC channel.

When taken on it's own, it doesn't seem that big of a deal until you discover that this is the, what, third announcement of a time and/or station change in as many weeks? The sum total doesn't really portend a positive conclusion. JMO.

• Members

I doubt the ratings in SLC are very high. Soaps generally do not do very well in the West. It's not the same as the south and midwest. I was glad when the St. Louis ABC affiliate brought EON back at 12:35 am after Nightline after not being on in the market. I could videotape and watch. DVRs have changed the landscape and so has streaming. It was only a matter of time before NBC affiliates started shuffling or dropping DAYS. It's easy for them to move one show around when NBC has abandoned its daytime schedule for 6 hours of TODAY.

• Members

The New York City affiliate moved "Days of our Lives" to 2PM shortly after "Passions" was cancelled. Later, they moved it back to the 1PM slot. So timeslot changes for "Days" in recent years are not new.

I believe the CT affiliate is actually airing "Days" at 12PM starting Tuesday, September 3rd.

Archived