GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A tad boring yesterday but not the usual Craptini heinous.

Connie's death really should cap the week and not this baby crap with Britta. We should be watching Sonny fall to pieces as the news of Connie's demise spreads like wildfire. Unfortunately, they've chosen to downplay Sonny's wuv for Connie (I never bought it, but it only makes sense to really focus on this and how her death affects Sonny now) to kickstart Solivia. Solivia have a significant amount of chemistry, but they are NOT relationship material. This will hurt the Sonny character even more. Ava would make more sense, but then you have that Claudia situation all over again.

Willim Devry's body is so damn on point that him wearing jeans yesterday drove me batty! Face? Meh... This is an example of when someone's head is on the wrong body. But poor Alexis in the background trying to vamp it up as only NLG can't. It was an embarrassing unsubtle mess! For Christ's sake - someone give that woman a moist towellete to clean herself up! What an embarrassing display. Thirsty heffa!

Sabrina can't focus on anyone's problems for more than 5 seconds. She certainly duped Ellie into believe they were going to talk about Ellie only for Sobby, in record time, to bring the conversation to her woes with Patty/Britta. God, I hate her!

Patty looked like a jackass yesterday! I don't care that he was yelling at a pregnant woman but those hysterics because of who Britta's mother is and her associations? [!@#$%^&*], your wife was in bed with you while emotionally making love to that dead druggie wannabe, Stone, and her two besties are mobsters - so please! JT really struggled with those scenes, and you could tell that he didn't believe in what Patty was saying. Can't blame him one damn bit because it was total nonsense.

• Members

I don't think this is a compliment. JT has always been incredibly weak and dull as an actor (IMO) and if the audience can tell he doesn't believe or is struggling with the scene, that is a criticism of him and not the scene. I will say and have always said if I were casting my dream soap opera right at the top of the list would be the king of all soap hams, Drake Hogestyn. No matter how ridiculous and how OTT the dialogue is, Drake H always gives every word his all and the sincerity that he gives to even the most realistic of scenes. Total nonsense or not, DH the guy with no talent delivers, while the supposed good actor makes you notice he is having trouble with the scene.

No one ever wondered if Constance Towers, Robin Mattson, Joe Mascolo, Lauren Koslow or Lynn Herring believed their dialogue or not. Their job is to make sure they believe it.

• Members

I get the actor's job is to sell s.h.i.t. when it is obvious by the stench, but shrug. Call me a hypocrite, call me a bad viewer, but I'm glad JT doesn't just try to paint RC's garbage gold. Garbage in, garbage out. While it is ostensibly an actor's job to sell garbage as well as good, it is also the responsibility of a writer to put some effort in, and ol' Ronnie can't be bothered. So he gets back what he gives. And if I were stuck solely with two newbies for close to a year, if my character could not even talk to his wife's cousin and acknowledge her in a birthing class (Maxie) because the so-called head hack doesn't want to bother with real history, I don't fault those phoning it in. I just don't. Says it all that JT retweeted KMc's return announcement as soon as it hit. It must feel like manna from soap heaven, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. But then, I think JT is biding his time as, IMO, I think he's out of here come November/December.

Archived