Michelle Stafford interview in SOD about her Y&R exit

• Members

I really don't see the need for a recast this soon. The show, and the character of Phyllis, could really benefit from the character being off the show for a while.

Frankly, while I am not necessarily an MS fan, I do wish she could return in the future (after a year or two off the show). It seems like her attitude is "hell no" (but maybe that hell no is just as long as JFP and JG remain). I also don't agree with the notion that it's fine to cut her because she might have an ego but keep people like dull Burton and his hefty ass paycheck and accomodate his schedule.

I haven't been impressed with or liked much of anything from JFP and JG's Y&R anyway though.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think she took a roll of the dice. Anymore than Steve Burton did when he left GH. Or Renee Goldsberry or Trevor St John when they left OLTL. All negotiated and weren't offered what they required to stay. Couldn't reach an agreement. Doesn't make any of them greedy or egotistical IMO. They all knew what they wanted, and if they didn't get it, they were prepared to walk away. First rule of negotiation.

• Members

Has this ever been confirmed? I thought it was Heather Tom walking in the shot.

I wonder if Michelle is the first "real" victim of JFP. We know she has her favourites, and that she clashes with women. Maybe Michelle has had enough and knew when it was time to throw in the towel.

• Members
I think MS thought that she was at least as important to the show as Chrystal Khalil. She got what she wanted didn't she? I don't think for one minute MS thought that they would let her leave.

By the way, I feel like Khalil is next on JFP's hit list. They will recast Lily without recasting her with this Hilary character. A new daughter for Neil to fawn over while they push lily further and further to the backburner.

Archived