Michael Easton Interview

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Michael-Easton-Comic-Con-Credence-General-Hospital-1067813.aspx

TV Guide Magazine: A lot of fans are unhappy, feeling there's a Franco-Kiki-Silas overkill and that GH is off-balance. What do you say to that?
Easton: Everyone is doing the best they can with the cards they've been dealt. The three of us were ripped out of our comfort zone and our characters and all their relationships were suddenly out the window. It's been a little scary. Hopefully the audience understands that this situation is unprecedented and really tough. The fans are so aware of the circumstances that went on behind the scenes, so I would hope they'll give us a pass and let us have the opportunity to play this out. I'm really encouraged by what's coming up. Some real fire will come out of the storytelling.

TV Guide Magazine: Was it maybe a mistake to have you, Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson all return at once rather than spreading it out a bit?

Easton: Again, it was tough, maybe even impossible to do this any better. I think there was a feeling of, "Let's just do this all at once and take the hit and, hopefully, time will heal everything." If the storytelling ends up being good and engaging, then all will be forgiven. If it ends up going nowhere, then obviously it was the wrong choice. We need to give Ron Carlivati and his writing team a chance to tell their stories. They've mapped out something really strong here, something that can't be judged just three or four weeks into it.

(Rest of the interview at the link)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd rather dive, head first, in my own vomit than read what else he has to say sad.png

The 3 of them were ripped out of their comfort zone? [!@#$%^&*], you were never needed any goddamn way! POS!

And I'm super happy it's in black and white print and noticed that the 3 are eating GH alive and really very resented!

• Members

I actually LOVE the fact that McBain went out that way. After all the bullshit and fanwars (which I freely admit to participating in) and constant non-stop frontburner stupidity that came to define the character, I consider it soap justice that McBain basically climbed into the TARDIS and vanished.

• Members

What else can ME and the other two say? This is how they make their living. They want and need the steady work. Besides this is on ABC, FV, and RC. They have decided that GH cannot survive without these three actors so this is what we get.

• Members

He should have said something like "I can see why people think that, and to be honest if I were the writer I would have written it a little differently."

Boom, you acknowledge and give validation to people that are frustrated and just want someone to say "we hear you!" and yet you say nothing of substance.

• Members

THANK YOU! ME basically says that the characters are a necessesity and FrankenRon brought them back the best way they could. They weren't needed in the first place (even though I had come to accept one of them) and certainly were not needed to return. The entire canvas has been re-worked to feature these 3, so IDGAF what his arrogant ass has to say! Go the !@#$%^&*] away, hack!

• Members

It is basically a polite way of saying, "Get over it."

I don't really see how this is a struggle for him. Other than the hamming as Caleb, he has played every character the same way his entire career. It clearly works for him, and is very popular, so I won't criticize that, but surely playing Silas is essentially playing McBain with a lab coat?

• Members

I've hated John with a burning, incandescent passion for about nine years (though I thought he worked on GH) but I do think he left the way he came in, the way he always lived - walking away from any responsibility or connection, back to the only things that really mattered to him, namely another case, another mystery and himself and his immediate needs. That is who John is.

I do think OLTL really needs to address the John issue permanently vis a vis Natalie and their son, and so I do think it would only be fair and right for that couple's long-suffering fans (of which I am noootttt one) if he could appear, preferably played by the original actor. So I personally hold out a smidgen of hope that the two companies can resolve their differences, that John can put in a few weeks at OLTL, move on for good and then maybe even return to GH permanently, because Michael Easton as a doctor is just totally ridiculous and "Silas" is not cutting it.

• Members

It's not criticizing it, it is diplomatically finding a way to say what people want to hear and RC should be the first one telling him to say it. It is meaningless balm. For all we know the way he would have written it differently in that statement is he would have had more Silas.

Archived