June 24-28, 2013: Good Week For DAYS & GH

Toups

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go Days!

The headlines always confuse me a bit. Why was it a good week for Days and GH when all soaps went back up? They are all positive vs. YA. And GH went up less than any week over week, and the only reason they are doing so well vs. YA is that last year they were so low they were on the verge of being cancelled.

Those year ago numbers will be more interesting to me when they start overlapping last years Water Crisis story. That seemed to be something of a turning point when viewers started tuning back in with the returns of Jerry and Jax.

• Members

OMG! laugh.png

On the same note, I don't think GH being in last place matters. It's how the show impacts ABC's daytime lineup. With everthing else being so shaky, GH looks good by comparison. If they decide to make changes, they won't mess with GH first. Although I hear The Chew continues to find growth. And they continue to bounce around the idea of Good Afternoon America. Makes you wonder where it would go. Not at 3:00 since that slot is no longer ABC's to control.

• Members

I agree. And I loved the hosts on GMA but GAA was just too fluffy.

But GMA has been hugely successful this year, and the news division is always looking to poach territory. They're empire building. So they can't syndicate a GMA spinoff because it's owned by ABC, not just produced. I could be way off base on that, but my thinking is any GAA program would have to go into a time slot owned by ABC. That excludes the 3pm EST. I could also be wrong about NBC, but I think they've returned the majority of their daytime slots back to the affiliates. I know some crazy stuff runs during the daytime on my nbc affiliates other than Days. Infomercials and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC doesn't give the 2pm EST time slot back to the affiliates soon. Maybe they keep The Chew. Maybe they keep GH.

Archived