June 24-28, 2013: Good Week For DAYS & GH

Toups

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah - correct me if I'm wrong.. but in some parts of the country Days' lead-in is infomercials. I think the affiliates at least should give it something decent- some syndicated program.. Steve Harvey, Jeopardy, Millionaire, anything... Makes me wonder if their ratings would be better with a better lead - in. I've always said ONE of the reasons that Y&R/B&B have always stayed so strong is that in the vast majority of the country there is a solid block of TPIR - Y&R- B&B.. maybe local news thrown in there somewhere.. but still pretty solid.

On another note - I know this is probably a ways off.. but I am SOOO desperately awaiting NBC's announcement of Days' renewal through it's 50th anniversary!!

• Members

DAYS is the only show NBC Entertainment airs. NBC technically still has three hours of daytime programming, it just made the idiotic decision years ago to expand TODAY to four hours, with two of those four hours coming from timeslots NBC use to air soaps, game shows and talk shows. I don't know if the NBC News division were permanently given those timeslots or they are "on loan" from NBC Entertainment. If NBC was smart, they'd cut back TODAY to a two hour show like it should be, and NBC Entertainment should try something new with those two hours.

• Administrator

I included GH because they went up in W18-49 and Total Viewers. Even though Y&R/B&B increased in Viewers, they fell in W18-49 so I couldn't give them the "good week" headline. :)

Archived