AMC: first look at return

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I adore AM in the role, but I'd take Kendall with a recast if that was the only option. When push comes to shove, I'm just not that loyal, lol.

It never crossed my mind that they'd write this but it does make sense in terms of keeping Bianca occupied and away from her teenage daughter for a long period. Little else would have when I really think about it. I always felt they were going to use the return to explain why Bianca isn't around much but I never really thought about what the possible reason could be.

As long as they don't write that the only reason she left Zach is because she didn't want him to shoot more relatives to sustain her health I'm okay with it. I think the reason she broke up with him is a strong independent women one and I'd love it to remain valid. She can get reacquainted with Dr. Anton Lang off-screen and he can follow her back to PV.

• Members

I was really hoping we would see a strong Kendall doing just fine without Zach when she made her brief appearance (although I don't know how that would have worked to get Bianca off the canvas).

And if this story is what they are pitching to Susan Lucci for a short Erica visit, forget it. She has gone on record as having hated when Erica's story was just supporting Kendall through her various medical issues.

I doubt returning to play this out is all that tempting to AM either.

• Members

I doubt they pitched this to AM or SL for a short visit or long visit as they can't tie down either actress at this time for a short or longer term visit with or without the other.

Exactly. I was all "why this?" when I initially heard about the preview but then I thought about it and it is one of the better ways to explain why Bianca has been and would be absent so much while her teenage daughter is home alone in Pine Valley. I don't believe this is something they are intending to draw out for when/if Kendall returns in the future. Kendall being sick, now, while Bianca is off-screen gives Bianca a really good reason to be off-screen for the majority of the time while her teenage daughter is on-screen. It gives reason to all the Kane women absences. It's also a way to tie the absent Kanes into more areas in the current canvas in multiple ways for future use if they want to: Griffin, Dimitri's son Anton potentially which would tie in Dimitri, Zach, David.

I'm okay with this whatever the angle they play save Kendall being pregnant with Zach's baby as long as Kendall comes back - for a longer run - with her long-time missing fire and without a tedious relationship waiting to ensnare her for the long run again.

• Members

STFU about her hair. mad.gif

If you have hair as naturally curly as Alicia Minshew's (and I do!), there's honestly not a whole lot you can do with it. I think she'd look odd with short hair, and depending on how her hair curls, cutting it might actually make the curl more unruly. The only way she's going to have consistently soft frizz-free waves or straight hair is by having repeated Brazilian Blowouts done, which take about 4 hours and expose you and the stylist to formaldyhyde, and even then you still have to blow it out and style it every day. She might look good with sideswept bangs that she blows out each day, similar to what she had when she first joined AMC, but even AM has said that stylists spent a long time fighting with her curls back then.

I'm far less concerned about her hair and more concerned about the possibility that we're dealing with yet another Kendall is sick drama. Although if it has to happen, could we maybe please get an Alice Hart reference? I mean, in all of Kendall's 800 comas and transplants and medical dramas, not once did someone say, "Hey, you know, maybe Kendall's OTHER mother might like to know what's going on."

• Members

As long as most of Kendall's medical drama (if that is indeed what's going on) is off-screen I can deal. And it does explain Bianca's absence. I don't mind Kendall coming back at some point for more appearances as long as she doesn't eat the show.

• Members

She did a Taylor Swift around 2005/06 and did a straight hair photo shoot for ABC Soaps in Depth and she was 10x more attractive than with the fro.

As for her character, I began avoiding her like the plague during the show's last five years. 2002, 2003, she was fierce. What the hell happened?

Archived