Y&R and DAYS: New interview with Jaime Lyn Bauer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. I am happy to hear they asked her back in January. I hope she might come back at some point. I think Y&R has a ton of rich characters from that first decade who could be used to push the show forward.

• Members

It would be awesome if she came back. She could introduce the adult Brooks Prentiss to the canvas (who would be around early 40's by now in soap time). Maybe they could do some shows where Brooks is annoyed at her meddling in his life and his mother Leslie shows up(played by Janice Lynde) to face off with her sister Laurie over her son.

The Laurie/Nikki feud would also be re-ignited.

• Members

It would be great to have Jaime and Janice back on Y&R. I would definitely return to watching for that. You could almost do a Jill/Kay/Phillip III story, with Les/Laurie/Brooks. I wonder if Laurie and Brock would work as a couple, maybe have Janice open up or take over a club/bar in town.

You could also have a Jill/Brock/Leslie triangle or something similar with another man in the middle. And do Laurie/Victor/Nikki as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Last part of the interview. The first parts of this focus on why she joined Y&R, her relationship with Bill Bell, the toll the workload took on her, her decision to leave, etc. The rest is about her personal life and current career.

The host talks a little about Brenda and tries to ask her about Brenda, but she says she has no knowledge of any of that stuff, she didn't know Brenda that closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23ETw5gqz4

• Members

I forgot to add - she said that this year she was approached about a week of shows in February (for Y&R), for the anniversary. She had been planning to go out of town, but stayed to wait for the call. She said they never did get back in touch with her.

• Members

I really wish she would come back and re-introduce some of the Brooks clan. It would be interesting if they did a Jack & Laurie pairing and right around the time they plan to marry, Leslie enters the picture. Jack could be torn between the two sisters reigniting the old rivalary.

The character of Jack also has history with Peggy and Chris Brooks. Jack slept with Peggy and broke up her engagement to Steve Williams and he wanted Chris to model for him with the intent to make a pass at her.

Archived