B&B: Former GH actress joining the show

• Members

Rena Sofer

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bold-Beautiful-Rena-Sofer-1065873.aspx

Look who's already getting a mother! Just last week we brought you the news that CBS's The Bold and the Beautiful had hired Emmy winner Darin Brooks (Days of Our Lives) for the new role of heartthrob Wyatt Fuller. Now TV Guide Magazine can exclusively report that another Emmy winner, former General Hospital star Rena Sofer, has been signed to play Wyatt's mother, Quinn Fuller.

Not a lot of deets yet, except that Mama is as mysterious as Sonny Boy and both have secrets that will rock the soap. Sofer first gained suds fame on Another World and Loving, then went on to win her Emmy as Lois Cerullo on GH. She's had recurring roles on 24, Covert Affairs, NCIS, Two and a Half Men andHeroes. The actress starts work at B&B May 22 and will hit the air July 12.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm all for this show getting a new family but history in the past has shown that they don't stick around too long (i.e. the Ramirez & Jones families). I hope this new family is the exception.

Please pull Thorne out the closet and let this woman be his love interest. PLEASE! Don't put her in the vortex of suck with Dolla Bill. I'm over everyone drooling over Bill nut hugger jeans wearing a**.

• Members

She had about two or three primetime flops. I don't think she'll hurt B&B though. She just seems out of place. Without the GH accent she's just sort of there. Maybe she'll prove me wrong though. She can't be any more useless than the likes of Donna.

• Members

That's so true, Carl. In everything outside of GH I've seen her in I've found her either annoying or useless. But she still seemed to get consistent guest work (she does have a captivating look even if she's dull as dishwater) so I'm a little surprised she's doing this.

• Members

Rena Sofer is someone I only like in small doses. She gets so much primetime work but she is so bland in virtually all of it. She only worked on Melrose when Eve went nuts in the last handful of episodes. She was great as Lois but most of her other characters bear no resemblance. She seems to have killed half the shows she works on. But would I love for her to appear as Lois again, yes, absolutely.

Archived