PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

I'd have loved to see faces when someone went to hula.net that makes me LOL so hard :lol:

Yeah that is true but still have no desire to someone telling people what they should feel or how they should react. This to me says they're feeling a big time backlash and don't like it

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word. Every time I look at the FB and see comments like "what channel are you on? I've been looking everywhere" and "I will not pay for this. Soaps should be free ,like they were on ABC," or my personal favorite "Bring back the old Clint," I want to bang my head against the wall 5000 times. I've realized there are many many very confused fans of this show. I am not sure that PP can do anything to help them though.

• Members

Hmmm, I wonder if the original decision to have only the last ten (?) episodes available on Hulu affected this. Within a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched yet, you can't go back. By the time they figured out how to go to Hulu, the episodes were down laugh.png

All joking aside, I think they should have given it a little more time than that. If a primetime episode is up for about 4 weeks (more, if there has not been a new episode in a while) and people STILL have issues catching up, how can they expect people to catch up faster on 10 episodes?

Then again, this might just be the company line.

In any case, if the production schedule is about to collapse and they have been receiving a lot of complaints about not being able to catch up, I see why they're doing this.

• Members

I think April 29th was too soon to premiere both shows, I would have held off the premiere until summer-time (less prime-time shows to compete with during summer-time). Plus, it would have given the shows more time to produce more episodes and edit the shows more cleanly. Plus, I would have had the shows air three times a week just in case there weren't enough episodes in the can at time of both premieres.

That way, if production was going well and there were more then enough episodes of each then PP could have authorized 4 episodes a week.. Maybe if there is a climax of a particular story, offer up 4 episodes that week and make it a special event and promote the hell out of it.

Just my two cents.

• Members

Totally true. I just hope PP can accept that some of these more delusional commenters just will not be watching if its not on ABC at 2 pm no matter what they do but hopefully the shows pick up some lapsed and new viewers who might not be as emphatically commenting on FB.

I think them feeling some backlash could be a good thing long term. It may eventually get us 40 minute episodes twice a week as they try to appease everyone. It may make them look harder for a TV deal so they won't be entirely dependent on Hulu advertising revenue. Obviously the people who are all "2 episodes a week, I'm done" are not helping AT ALL but I do hope they get the message that more rather than less is ultimately what fans want.

• Members

The More eps are still not up on Itunes and the Thursday episodes were also very late yesterday. I'm wondering if perhaps this is purposeful because PP mainly wants people watching on Hulu with ads. Probably overthinking and they are just not on top of things.

• Members

Yes, I realize that. My whole point is that, two weeks for ten episodes is quite the small window (although manageable) and they should have perhaps looked into expanding that, if people have issues catching up.

• Members

Why do we keep blaming pp when they brought Us our shows back? I am so angry at stupid fans who have no appreciation at all or gratitude. These shows should still be dead deader then a freaking door nail. It's possible they will increase the episode count once they have gotten caught up. If u don't watch or support these shows are gone. Actually just abandon them so they are dead forever. I can't stand ungrateful people. Honestly I really wish they had kept them dead because of the attitude I am seeing.

Archived