2006 Olymics: USA Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is up with some of the American athletes this year? They are such jackasses!

Bode Miller is blaming the fans and the media for his crappy performances. He needs to take a look in the mirror. You don't go out and drink beer the night before a major event and expect to do your best. The fans and the reporters aren't skiing, you are, idiot!

Shani and Chad just need to stop acting like spoiled kids who don't get their way. I know teammates don't have to be all chummy, but they're representing and this ego crap just doesn't wash. They need to take a lesson from Joey Cheek.

• Members

It was definitely wierd seeing Shani interviewed after his win, it must've been so awkward to interview him :lol: Melissa did try to get him to show some kind of emotion, but it didn't work. I understand why he's upset, but still... Kristi Yamaguchi was a co-host for my local NBC station's "Olympic Zone" on Monday and she said how disappointed she was that after such a historic win, he couldn't show any emotion and I agree with her...

Anyway, what's up with Bryant Gumbel? Bitter that he isn't in Bob Costas' seat? I was shocked when I first read that he even had a problem with the Olympics :huh: Where the hell did that come from? :blink:

• Members

I think they were trying to bait him into a fight with Hedrick after winning the gold medal, and he wasn't having it. Dude was really happy to win though when he was chumming it with the Dutchman and the Italian. He's just not happy around his teammates.

Archived