2006 Olymics: USA Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ice dancing originial competition last night was a mess! The Italian couple in first place had a fall, the Canadian couple in fourth place had a fall (she was taken to the hospital), and another Italian couple in 10th place fell too! If it weren't for all those falls, the US couple wouldn't have soared up to 2nd place! (They did an awesome job though).

The finals are tonight---I hope Tanith and Ben can keep it up to medal!!!

• Members

The OD and FD are the US's strength, so I think there was going to be a bump up for them anyways in ranking barring mistakes. It was one big ole mess though. When Marie-France fell, I gasped because she fell right on her hip, and on a dance lift at that.

• Members

And how much of a diva is the Italian woman?! That look (okay, more of an evil glare) that she gave her partner when he completely dropped her ass was ice cold. She knew that he'd knocked them out of 1st place and, essentially, cost them any chance of a medal.

• Members

IA, there seems to be way too much tension between these two, Shani should be able to choose what he wants to compete in, without one of his fellow countrymen whining about it the whole time.

I was and will continue to pull for Shanti because he is an American, but after watching him win the gold the other night and looked pissed the whole entire interview with Melissa Starks made him look like such an ass and in some ways conceited like he was suppose to win.

• Members

Well, I can see why he's pissed off. After all, the interviewers are trying to bait him into a little shouting match between himself and Hedrick, and he can see right through all of it. If Hedrick wants to mouth off, that's all great and fine, but Shani's going to keep his mouth shut and do what he needs to do. He's not there to submit to Hedrick and be the "team player" in an individual sport. He's there to win gold in an event that he's great in. What Melissa Stark won't mention is that, the US Speed Skating Association has been one big asswipe to him throughout his entire career, so he's not going to be embracing them and the skaters involved, save Ohno.

Archived