The Grammys: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't see Nicole, but man Keith was good. I love him!!!! I'm shocked Kelly Clarkson won so much, not that she didn't deserve it, but I though for sure the AI stigma would get her.

I didn't like Kanye's performance...it was....lame. That "Thank You" thing wasn't cute either.

• Members

Kelly has broken the AI stigma. I think they put Kelly in those categories so she would be able to win. Had she gone up against Mariah in another category, she would have lost ("it's like that" wasn't a huge hit for Mariah). I would have liked Kelly to be nominated for Album of the Year, but at least she won something. Kudos!

• Members

I feel like Mariah is the Susan Lucci of the Grammys. Before tonight, she hadnt won since 1991. And when she finally wins 3 awards, they didnt even have the respect to show them on the telecast.

If they show John Legend winning best male R&B performance, then they should show Mariah winning Best Female R&B performance.

But the Grammys hate her, so of course they arent gonna show her awards.

LOL at Kanye losing Record and Album of the Year. I think he's gonna go kill himself now.

• Members

Kelly & MJB were my favorite. I have to say I'm pretty disgusted how Kelly still doesn't get any respect just because she was on American Idol. I was amazed when they showed the singers and how many didn't clap and gave a blank stare. Pissed me off big time. And most of the ones that didn't clap were rappers who imo can't sing worth [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Best performances of the night: madonna/The Gorillaz, Mariah carey, kanye/jamie Foxx, jay-z/linkin park, kelly clarkson and John Legend. An I didn't realize that Mariah hadn't won a grammy since 1991, she's had better albums than Mimi, there really was some hatin going on in the backgrounds of the grammy towards her in the past. :( This grammys was the best I've seen in years, too bad not many people watched.

• Members

I guess everyone has different opinions. I like U2 but I definitely was not feeling this album. Critics hailed Kanye's album as a masterpiece and I agree with them. His album was one of the most creative albums of the year. Definitely not a traditional hip-hop album. But I respect that you loved U2's album.

Archived