Vikings

London

• Members

Did anyone else see the debut of this show last night on the History Channel? I am already loving it (I had to check it out because of my romance novels that I've read over time and how I love some of the ones that deal with Viking/Norse history).

Now I'm watching the second ep. which is available on On Demand.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've seen the first two episodes. Did they just invade England? I wasn't quite sure. I like Lagertha too. I kept expecting them to show the monks some mercy, but nope! I guess I should have known they would wipe almost all of them out.

• Members

Aww true Julia, if I didn't know my history on how Vikings basically showed no mercy when invading a territory and taking what they wanted (even females) I would too. I'm curious what other plans they have in store for the one man they're bringing back.

Yay, watch ep. two!

• Members

Last eppy was amazing! I was disappointed with the slaughter of the monks, but is got my attention. I thought Earl (thank goodness for Gabriel Byrne) was a monster, but what Radnar and Co did was heinous. Who are the good guys again?

Not feeling Lagerthe. The actress is trying too hard.

• Members

Ragnar was bad and Lagertha isn't the HBIC we all think she is!

I love her and I'm actually jazzed that they found someone that has a martial arts background because watching her fight is fun! I did hate what they did to the majority of the Monks -- you only saw ep. 2? Or ep. 3? Because ep. 3 is on On Deamnd now. But if I didn't read about Norsemen and Vikings then I'd be shocked but I know what they do and this is kinda tame to what we'd probably see if it was on a channel like AMC or a premium ch. so I am grateful for that in a way.

• Members

Well you are in tune/time with the actual airdates. What happens is following the episode History adds the next one to VOD on their website and on the cable company's VOD listings.

Like for me I have 101 and 102 and then Sneak 003 and if I click it it lets me watch ep. 3 before it actually airs. So I'm a week ahead rather.

Archived