GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't even be mad at the story/plotting that's currently going on right now. Guza's "arcs" would last all of a week. However, I'm pissed off at the DOWNGRADED quality of the scene intentions and script writing under Carlivati. Guza was smart enough to hire writers who padded and shined his crap into gold. Carlivati's dumb enough to hire writers who take no measures whatsoever to disguise the holes and flaws in the story. The story sucks, the scenes suck and the language sucks. The fact that no one on staff is either saying (or being heard) that "saying RELISH 95 times in 2 minutes is HORRIBLE" is astonishing to me.

• Members

RS, so many of us have said our peace in so many different ways on this disjointed mess fka General Hospital, but I don't think anyone has so completely hit THE nail as succinctly as you did here. It does not get better than this! This is simply beautiful!

• Members

I am having a hard time watching GH anymore. The show jumps all over the place. The storylines are horrible. I liked the vampire storyline...but, it ended so badly. (Thanks PP), and scenes are being cut out explaining why a character said this, or is that....all for more airtime for the 2 little pets RC loves so much (Sabrina and Kate/Connie). Also, why do we need flashbacks from yesterday's episode! The only way I like seeing that done is at the beginning of the show like they used to do on all ABC soaps in the late 90s early 00s. (Remember the "previously on....AMC/OLTL/GH") things before the opening?

RC's overuse of flashbacks from a show that aired the day before seems a little insulting.

I hate to say this. Sometimes, I want Guza back. But, without the mob junk and the vet killing. At least his stories were good.

• Members

Most of them were better than this crap.

We're setting here 3 weeks from the anniversary. And, we are watching [!@#$%^&*] about Connie, Sabrina's schoolgirl crush, and relish making 101. We get one day a week of a good storyline. And, then it's back to [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Agreed. Guza's crap didn't always interest me but I at least saw good scriptwriting, lighting (maybe a little too dark but the show looked much better then, IMHO) and some sort of focus.

That said ... can we not have Guza OR Carlivati. LOL.

I wish Wolfe had worked out better. I really do.

• Members

I'm watching the Guza era episodes on Soapnet at night and they are more interesting than this crap.

If we could get a writer, who had the storytelling ability like Guza, but honored veteran characters and brought them back/didn't kill them off like RC. We'd be set.

I thought Wolfe was boring. His GH worked better than an Ambien to get me to sleep.

Archived