January 14-18, 2013: DAYS Hits 2 Year High in Total Viewers

Toups

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ratings will drop back down a bit for this past MLK week but this past week was still very well-written and Will-centric. He was on three of the four days, and Sonny was on two of the four. By no means was it just Rafe/Sami/EJ or Daniel/Jen. I enjoy all the stories and characters anyway. Days is firing on all cylinders.

Carl, not sure who you're referring to, but Nelson Branco and Jamey Giddens have both been singing praises on Twitter for recent Days writing since the wedding.

I agree Lorraine Broderick is probably a big part of how character-driven and well-paced the show is right now. I don't want to take away credit from Tomlin/Whitesell, the All-Star team of script writers, and other writers though.

• Members

Days has maintained the fallout. While not as amazing as this week, the next week was still pretty stellar esp when compared to the show a month ago. What days needs now is more promotion like they used to get and like GH has gotten. Also, Being dead last is irrelevant now as there are four soaps. And it ain't that far from off from GH. Hopefully they both, along with BB & YR can grow in 2013. I may not be feeling GH and YR may not be my show, but I'd love to see both do well.

• Members

Agreed. LB is a HUGE part as to why DAYS is great right now. I can see her skills. I've seen Whitesell write before and I ve known Gary a long time. LB is the glue holding it togehter. Days has struck Gold with this story. I can see why so many AMC'ers lover her so. Shes a great fit at Days. Of course their is going to be a drop off. But hopefully we can maintain this wave. Days has been slowly going up for a few months now btw..

• Members

I would tune into Days, but the amount of airtime devoted to characters/stories that I can't stand (EJ/Rafe/Sami/Daniel/Jennifer/Kristen/Brady) is just too much to make me want to bother. After the latest disgusting rendition of EJ/Sami kills any progress they've made and they finally come to their senses and shed James Scott from the cast and severely cut Ali Sweeney's airtime, then maybe this 30+ year former viewer might tune in again.

GH on the other hand, can do no wrong by me right now. I love it all - well not the Carly/Todd crap, but that's going to have to be stopped for at least awhile anyway thanks to Prospect Park.

• Members

I've said it before and will again... without Molly and Peter, without Crystal, Sarah Brown, Christie, Patrick, Matthew... it isn't the Days I've enjoyed for years.

That said, good for Days. I don't think the show can sustain the growth, though... TomSell's writing has a lot of flaws and is painful at times. They've ignored the longtime viewers' wishes and driven many of them away.

Days won't do it now because the numbers are up, but if they go down and stay down they should think about making LB head writer. (My personal preference will always be Sheri Anderson, but I understand that she's happy with her current projects.)

For now, congratulations!

• Members

Broderick may be happy in her position. She remained in the same capacity when AMC hired Swajeski/Kreizman , and it did seem like she only did HW chores at AMC those two brief last times as favours of Nixon--being a HW pays more but also is a lot more work in many ways, and I get the sense that's not a big priority for her right now, and have heard she's happy at Days.

Archived